Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

There is some great work in here!!! I've seen Barrys work before and it is probably some of the best work i've seen in this genre (amazing photo skills too!) and really sparked an interest for me personally. A CBP like this was suggested on another model car forum I belong to, but it didn't get off the ground, but someone mentioned there was a CPB elsewhere that was doing a Post-Apoc build. So I came in search of this build in particular, and I was not disappointed in what I've found!!! I've probably been through this thread completely, or in part, every day for the last week!!! I would like to get in on this, but we recently moved and are between houses, so all of my stuff is currently in storage. Maybe I will be able to get in on this build if we get our home situation sorted out soon (waiting for the builders to finish).

I haven't completed a model in a number of years due to the fact that I feel somewhat intimidated by feeling like you have to have the perfect finish or details for a model to be appreciated, but this type of Post-Apoc build really has no expectations attached to it other than "Will this get me to where I need to go and keep me safe at the same time?" I have a number of models in varying degrees of completion because I find the prep work more relaxing than the thought of having to finish a model, but this type of build maybe right up my alley to get me to finish some projects i have had on the bench for a long time!!

Keep up the great work guys!!!

Everett

P.S. Doc, those are some amazing videos and models you've got on here!!! I think your videos and frequent input makes this build a little more personal and helps to keep the energy and interest up.

Evertt personally I built for myself I build what I like when I like!! And if someone elese likes it that's cool! And if no one likes it oh well yes I like it when people ohhh ahhh over my builds but if they don't no sweat man not my problem! I'm in this for fun and I do have fun with my builds!!!!!!!!! Build away and have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PK

BTW Dr Cranky. Did I miss where you posted the address that we mail the models too? Could you please post that again or remind us where it's posted.

Justin, I will announce the time and place in due time. I just want to make sure everything arrives at the same time and in as good a shape as you can pack it.

The ZOMBIES are comming...I can hear em...I think they're just around the corner over there...quick, get yer gun...and aim for the head!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I got bit, oh man, it's getting blurry, oh the pain.............................arrghhh, uuhhg, ( gurggle )

Soon they will get you....along with a guy that wears a silly hat & goggles...and smokes a big stoggie!!!! ;) :P :blink: :huh:

Hummmph !

He'd look good hanging off of The Immolator's front blades . Now , if only someone would juuuuust produce him in figure form so I can perform said act !

Wonder who that could be ?

HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!! I can't send nuthin out yet...someone said they won't be back until the 5th of Aug.!!! By the way, that semi of yours is freekin AWESOME!!!!