Model Cars Magazine Forum

'71 Super Bee hood

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks, I didn't know about that street machine '71 Charger kit, but you are right, "if I can find it". Looks like a rare kit. Maybe I will just scratch build the hood.

And I will order Keith Marks decals.

the kit is not hard to find..worked a toy show in wisconsin, there were 2 of the super bees there & bought 1 myself at model empire

• 3 weeks later...

I got one! :lol:

Got it on eBay. This one has the ramcharger hood and the bazooka exhaust tips I needed. I also got the correct resin Super Bee rear bumper and a resin bucket seats/console set. I also bought a Keith Marks '71 Super Bee decal sheet, which is very nice. I have now all I need to build a correct replica of my brothers '71 Super Bee.

You are right mikelo the Hemi in that kit looks very nice + it comes with the automatic transmission. And you are also right about the wheels... I would add that the decal sheet in this kit is almost useless.

Thanks everyone for the help! I'll show pics of the model once it's completed. :D

where did you get the resin interior pieces from? i have a old a/fx in scale resin 71 super bee rear bumper and keith marks decals to do mine.i was going to modify my seats and add a console from the parts box.i'd like to find some more of those 71 charger street machine kits.

Guy's, theres a young fella, Vaughn Handyhart, out of Ogden,Utah, who specializes in Mopar Parts. His stuff is as good as ANYBODY around, and he sells a complete conversion kit for the 71 Charger, to convert it into a 71 Super Bee. It includes the hide-away headlights grille, the proper Super Bee rear bumper, and hood. It's NOT the "Flapper" type but it IS a perfect reproduction of the PROPER Super Bee hood! AND it's LESS than 20 bucks!!! His parts look like plastic, and they're PERFECTLY cast! You CAN'T go wrong with him, AND he ships FAST! Reach him at Vhandyhart@aol.com Tellem I (George) sent ya, ask for his price list, you'll be pleasantly surprised at what he's got. And it's ALL GOOD!!! :o:P

where did you get the resin interior pieces from? i have a old a/fx in scale resin 71 super bee rear bumper and keith marks decals to do mine.i was going to modify my seats and add a console from the parts box.

I was going to modify the seats too, until I saw that resin kit on ebay. There's another set listed right now;

resin bucket seats and console

George, I think those parts are from the same guy. I remember his name on the box was "Hart" or something like that and he's from Utah. The parts really look nice.