Model Cars Magazine Forum

Community Hot Rod Build

Sinister_Kreationz

Made some progress tonight on the 1932 B400. The body was too wide at the bottom and had to be 'reshaped' by immersing in hot water and then cold, all the while being wrapped in rubber bands to preserve the body in its correct shape. First time I have tried this, it seemed to work (so far) ;)

Lots of cutting, filing and sanding to fit the interior bucket onto the Revell '32 chassis between the rear fenders.

First mock-up with wheels from the parts box.

001-5.jpg

002-5.jpg

This 1931 Model A was started before I joined the CBP but is almost finished now and has been taking a lot of my building time.

008-3.jpg

The B400 is almost ready for primer. Had to make a mounting for the kit firewall out of sheet plastic and filled a couple of pinholes, but maybe get some paint on her over the weekend. Also cut the floor and bulkhead from the interior bucket to adapt it to the kit floorpan. Might have been a bit overenthusiastic joining 3 CBP's but it keeps me at the workbench ;)

005-11.jpg

Made some progress on the '32, got the roof painted in Tamiya Light Blue Pearl and dullcoted. Chassis is Tamiya Dark Blue Metallic, same colour as body etc will be, when the weather improves and it stops raining here :angry:.

Engine and chassis almost finished too, hope to get the model completed before I head off to Canada for Xmas to see my family.

002-6.jpg

005-13.jpg

006-7.jpg

Weather has improved this week so got some gloss on the B400, Tamiya Dark Blue Metallic. The roof fabric is now Corsa Grey, which is more blue to my eyes :huh:

The masking pulled up quite a bit of the original Light Blue Pearl so tried the flat colour instead - guess I didn't clean the resin body sufficiently -oops! A small speck came off tonight, but this can be touched up (I hope)

011-3.jpg

005-14.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Having been away for a couple of weeks I am eager to complete some projects part finished prior to the holidays. Next on the list is the 1932 Ford B400.

Despite unseasonable weather here in NZ, I managed to apply some gloss and clear to the fenders, which were then polished along with the body previously painted last year.

Don't know about anyone else, but when I reach a stage like this, I can't resist mocking up the kit to get a glimpse of the final product. This often results in chipped or scratched paint, parts falling off etc but I do it anyway :rolleyes:

This is how it looks at the moment, hope to get it finished prior to our monthly model club night on Thursday and our annual display at a large car event here in Auckland next weekend.

131.jpg

132.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...