Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gene Winfield's "Pacifica" Ford Econoline Custom

if a item I have been waiting for ever shows up I have the inattentive plan of making a resin of the body.

The Jada die-cast Econoline?

There's a eBay seller offering some very unique things, including a Lumina APV and '91-ish Dodge Caravan, based on the Brookfield Collector's Guild die-cast bank, so I'm hoping he eventually decides to do the Jada Econoline in resin. Now, these resin offerings are merely shells, with hollow insides, but they appear to be fairly well done as far as slammers go.

The Jada die-cast Econoline?

There's a eBay seller offering some very unique things, including a Lumina APV and '91-ish Dodge Caravan, based on the Brookfield Collector's Guild die-cast bank, so I'm hoping he eventually decides to do the Jada Econoline in resin. Now, these resin offerings are merely shells, with hollow insides, but they appear to be fairly well done as far as slammers go.

I've heard the Jada Econoline is pretty innacurate, though.

I've heard the Jada Econoline is pretty innacurate, though.

Yes, but it's be more of a "closer" starting point for me. It'd be far easier for me to work on a resin shell and make changes than to a die-cast body.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Jada's Econoline is about a quarer of an inch too wide . if someone were to slice it through the center and glue it together , one MAYBE could do a halfway decent copy of an Early Econoline . I've thought about doing it , but I have too much Movie prop work and diorama work going on to even consider doing a model for me now .............

But it's just a STOCK lookin van just slammed. I mean it's cool lookin, they ALL were back then, but I don't see the big deal. It's JUST slammed.

The blue van in the first pic is not remotely stock...heavily customized front and sides...a '60s vintage custom, apparently.

Edited by Rob Hall