Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck buyers/builders and sellers on Ebay.

I won't bid on the 378 this time.. gotta pay the homeowners insurance this month. :roll:

I can't believe the price the 378 kit goes for. The WORST part about this is that I KNOW most of these kits were bought when the kit was discontinued and sold at $19.99 by several on-line retailers. Like a dummy, I only bought 3 at that price. :cry:

Come on Italeri, reissue this kit ! or.. include the hood, chrome parts and springs in the 377 kit as a "2 in one" kit.

Tim

i dont like payin that much either but after what happened here a few weeks ago the only thing i could salvage was a new alf eagle that i had out in the garage and luckily the 79 hood conversion and the donor 377 were at my moms so i need this one bad lol.......i wrote a few different letters to italeri to bring the 378 back. i remember the good ol $20 days i used to drive to a shop in lavale md and i got 4 of them for $35 a piece........but the price these days is outrageous.........lol if you wanna bid on it Tim go ahead, I wont be upset if I lose it to you.....but its a lot higher on my side than the $51 its at now lol

What's goin' on...

HA HAAAA "Greenback" is an old slang for DOLLAR just like a BUCK and so on.

Rumor has it there were a couple people purposly outbidding people who are trying to win an auction then at the auctions end not paying up! Also I've heard of sellers having multiple accounts counter bidding interested buyers on their own auctions for obvious reasons!

I do agree that the prices for models on EvilBay can be extreme. An Esci Toyota BJ-44 "Philipino Taxi" in unbuilt condition went for (eep!) $236.75 tonight. For whatever reason(speculation, overwhelming desire to own it), that kit is now practically unobtainable to the average builder. I can remember buying them for less than 10 bucks a pop from Squadron Mail Order in the eighties - oh well..... :cry:

Hi there,

I bought a lot of kits,Trucks and Cars on ebay...But there are not so much kits over here in Germany so most of my kits I buy in USA.....Pay with Paypal and never had any troubles to get the kits over here....

My ebayname is chrispi67.

Tim,I´m trying to make a resin cast of the 378 front axle and springs etc and from the hood....Hope it will work....

Cheers,Chris

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest_willys07_*

Hey guys i have some model trucks that are sealed and resoanable except for the movin on kw that i am trying to sell. It is open but complete--T560 and i replaced the two piece plastic tires with one piece rubber tires.