Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cheesehead Plow

Here's the lastest from the Timbilt Truck Factory...

Inspired by this truck (Photo courtesty of Mark Reitz)

357_flatfender_plow_MarkReitz_a.jpg

The truck is a 1994 Peterbilt 357 tilt hood modified to have frame mounted

flat fenders. The truck is unit #115 for the Waukesha County Highway Department (Wisconsin). Waukesha used the truck until 2002.

The photo below shows the cab/hood and dump box after modifications and painting. The kits used: Italeri P'bilt 377A/E and Paystar Dump Truck and Ford Snow Plow.

waukesha_115_inprog.jpg

The plowblade was scratchbuilt from Evergreen and Plastruct. The plowframe is from the AMT Ford SnowPlow kit and modified.

plow1.jpg

The spreader unit was scratchbuilt from plastic.

sander1.jpg

The cab and fenders are on the frame. I used resin wheels and tires on the front and can not remember where I got these items from!

plowcabon.jpg

Here is the finished plow

waukesha_plow.jpg

waukesha_115_RH.jpg

waukeshaplow_rear.jpg

waukeshaplow_LH.jpg

Since this started as a 377A/E I needed a battery box and smaller fuel tank. The fuel tank (RH side) is from a reissue AMT Peterbilt 352COE.

The battery box is from an AMT P'bilt 359. I reworked it slightly to resemble the taller modern battery box.

Aside from the roof not fitting properly, I like how this turned out and enjoyed building it.

Thanks for looking!

More pics are at

http://www.timstrucks.com then click on the Recent Builds page.

Tim

Kurt

Thanks!

I started working on this on November 25th.

Cab, hood, fenders modified and primed by the 26th.

Painted on the 26th (late evening).

(I wrote down a time-line as I did things for some reason).

Each evening I just worked various things.

The nice thing about Italeri kits is that they go together so easily, even when you modify them.

Tim

• 6 months later...

I just found this kind of by accident, but it's an impressive model of an impressive rig! As much as I don't like winter, I do enjoy watching the ODOT plows throwing snow way off the highways.

Your truck definately captures the look of a well maintained but ready for hard work rig. Dan

I just found this kind of by accident, but it's an impressive model of an impressive rig! As much as I don't like winter, I do enjoy watching the ODOT plows throwing snow way off the highways.

Your truck definately captures the look of a well maintained but ready for hard work rig. Dan

Guest Guest_mackinac359_*

Dan

Thanks!

Tim