Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

This was waiting for me when I got back into town yesterday...it'll be a while before I start it, there's some body repair that needs to be done that I'm not quite up for yet. 

WP_20160317_12_23_41_Pro_LI_zpsfbhcb6ra.

WP_20160317_12_23_59_Pro_LI_zpsfmcwwgur.

Colby, if you did not know about the damage and it was not disclosed in the description your covered under the ebay guarantee if you bought it there... 

I've been on a bit of a buying & trading spree lately......Almost all Pontiacs!

A couple of weeks ago, I traded a couple of things with another member for a 1964 Pontiac Grand Prix.

Today I got a message from a gentleman I deal with that my new '70 Bonneville kit is in the mail.

And just to add icing to the cake, today Mr. mailman brought me a mint, unbuilt '62 bonneville hard top, along with a very nice built '63 Bonneville hard top.

The '63 promises to be a very easy resto & the '62 is in such nice shape, I won't even have to have the chrome re-done.

The only "non-Pontiac" acquisition I've made recently was a '62 Dodge Dart convertible, which I bought mainly because it came with an up-top.

Steve

photo DSCN4940_zpsjfp6k7td.jpg

Look forward to this one Steve, especially after I've just finished the '63 convertible!

Look forward to this one Steve, especially after I've just finished the '63 convertible!

I remember it Ray!

It was sweet!

Ironically, I'm planning on white for mine as well, but I think I'm doing a metallic aqua interior.

Not sure when I'll get going on it.

I've got a couple dozen prospective projects waiting in the wings along with it.

Steve

I just won the bid of a Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T on yahoo japan. I just like the engine intake right above driver.

Cost me about 5000 Japanese currentcy which about 300RMB, plus trans maybe together 500 RMB , but to a rare model it worth that much :D

682743853_tp.thumb.jpg.601bbb11b3d0c84bc

But the problem is, through so many years this model's decal is totally fade yellow. I did the search on ebay, about 500RMB one sheet of decal, and seems no other like studio27..

So...guess i have to scan it and PS it and print it...

An old trick to fix faded and yellowed decals was to tape the decal sheet to a window. Art work facing the outside  where it would get exposure to the sun. Make sure window does not get condensation. After a couple of days or more, the paper should be closer to white again. I would then scan the decal onto new deacl paper and make a new copy. Or you could take a chance and spray a light coat of clear over the old decal and use that.

Snagged another one of these at an "antique" store a few towns away, for $50. Very close to complete, just missing one pair of front tires. The store owner was under the impression it was missing one entire body, so I just paid and walked out smiling. This gives me multiples of all these old Revell double-dragster kits except the Fumin' Fiat / Thunder Charger. It's looking like none of these will ever be reissued, and I'd like to have a few to see me through several builds of historic cars once I retire. B)

s-l225.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Against my better judgement, I went ahead & placed a bid on this little gem today just on a whim.

As is usual for me, when a bid on a whim, I usually win the auction. :P

Not a bad price, depending on what's under all of that dirt.

I'll just have to wait & see when it gets here.

Steve

s-l1600.jpg

Nice one Steve...!  I have the same one but mine is busted up badly...bummer.

Yesterday I got a old Revell Mayflower sailing ship dated 1966 mint sealed inside still....not what Id usually buy but was too cheap to pass on.

Edited by disabled modeler

I made it to the swap meet in Countryside Illinois today and got some pretty good kits builders and new for some great prices  1960 El camino..1960 Buick...1959 Buick...Super Safari dune buggy [was sealed but falling off]..69 Firebird MPC,..MPC Chevy Caprice..Modelhaus 60 Mercury H/T was only $32.00 its complete DSC07194a 1960 Mercury convt nice builderDSC07195      DSC07199

I made it to the swap meet in Countryside Illinois today and got some pretty good kits builders and new for some great prices  1960 El camino..1960 Buick...1959 Buick...Super Safari dune buggy [was sealed but falling off]..69 Firebird MPC,..MPC Chevy Caprice..Modelhaus 60 Mercury H/T was only $32.00 its complete DSC07194a 1960 Mercury convt nice builderDSC07195      DSC07199

Nice haul Ken!

That '60 Buick hardtop is a pretty tough one to find!

Steve

Very, very  nice haul.

I have both the 59 and 69 Buick convertibles. And the more I look at the 60, the more I think I want a hardtop as well to do some sort of hotrod / cruiser

I purchased the '82 release a few weeks ago,  then in a obscure location I found the original '65 release at another LHS. BOoth were opened and started, but I believe I can build 1 complete one. Nice to have the box and instructions from '65....cool art work. Got both of them for $10 each.  

20160320_160125.jpg

Edited by wayne swayze
add photo

I purchased the '82 release a few weeks ago,  then in a obscure location I found the original '65 release at another LHS. BOoth were opened and started, but I believe I can build 1 complete one. Nice to have the box and instructions from '65....cool art work. Got both of them for $10 each.  

20160320_160125.jpg

Awesome deal, good for you 

Like to see a WIP of such a beautiful classic

Against my better judgement, I went ahead & placed a bid on this little gem today just on a whim.

As is usual for me, when a bid on a whim, I usually win the auction. :P

Not a bad price, depending on what's under all of that dirt.

I'll just have to wait & see when it gets here.

Steve

s-l1600.jpg

No doubt you will work your magic with this one Steve, look forward to the result, I had a lot of fun building mine ;)

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...