Model Cars Magazine Forum

Movie and TV vehicle community build

Nick Winter

Simple build a car,truck, suv, van, wagon, or anything that your building that Was on TV, or in a Movie.

Rules

1). You must have atleast 1 refrence picture from the Movie/ TV show

2). you gotta post your build pics here

3). I'd like it if you wrote a little info about it or it's Role in the Movie/ TV Show/ Who in the Movie or TV show drove it

That's it, now start building B)

Simple build a car,truck, suv, van, wagon, or anything that your building that Was on TV, or in a Movie.

Rules

1). You must have atleast 1 refrence picture from the Movie/ TV show

2). you gotta post your build pics here

3). I'd like it if you wrote a little info about it or it's Role in the Movie/ TV Show/ Who in the Movie or TV show drove it

That's it, now start building B)

I've got a few....

bhtruck-vi.jpg

The Beverly Hillbillies Truck--this was an original 1968 edition of the MPC kit built long before AMT restored the tooling.

xssr2-vi.jpg

AMT XSSR Barracuda from Fireball 500.

deathmobile2-vi.jpg

Jimmy Flintstone Lincoln Continental "Deathmobile" from Animal House.

nemo1-vi.jpg

Wave "Nemo's Car" from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Here's a link to a few more.

http://public.fotki.com/TerryJessee/movie-and-tv-models/

Terry

Heres my 1970 Dodge Challenger that im working on im replicating this one from the 1971 movie "Vanishing Point".

IMG_2064.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

Heres a pics of the movie car.

112_0804_39z2B2008_dodge_challenger.jpg

dodge-challenger1.jpg

The storyline is about a drifter named Kowalski he has to deliver a Alpine White 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T to Colorado to California and that when trouble begins.

Heres my 1970 Dodge Challenger that im working on im replicating this one from the 1971 movie "Vanishing Point".

The storyline is about a drifter named Kowalski he has to deliver a Alpine White 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T to Colorado to California and that when trouble begins.

Sweet I remember watching that a few years ago with my Dad and he said why don't you build that Challenger anyway, 2 or so years later and no Challenger :unsure:

Edited by Dukefan69'

both the 2004 re-release of the 1971 and the 2005 remake of that movie are on my Christmass list <_<

you know, AMT/ERTL made a model of that car and revell made a metal bodied kit of it

Well my newest build is a certain Plymouth Fury.

Well it's from "Christine"

Here's some "Christine" info:

In 1982 writer Stephen King completed a new horror novel called "Christine". It was about a 1958 Plymouth Fury that possesses its new owner, high school nerd named Arnie Cunningham.

In the book Mr. King makes several references to the 1958 Plymouth Fury that were not accurate. We have come up with some errors about the 1958 Fury that appear in the book:

Book: Christine is referred to as a four door.

Fact: The 1956-58 Furys only came in a two-door hardtop. It was not until 1959 you could get a four door Fury.

Book: Christine is red and white.

Fact: The 1958 Fury only came in buckskin beige with gold trim. The 1958 Belvedere, the next model down, was available in toreador red and iceberg white, with silver trim. However, it is mentioned that she was a special order.

Book: The transmission is called hydramatic.

Fact: That was a GM transmission, Plymouth had the TorqueFlite.

Book: One line says, "I saw Christine's transmission lever suddenly drop into drive."

Fact: The 1958 Plymouths had push button drive.

Richard Henley added: In the book, a rented honey dipper truck is used in the final showdown; in the movie, it’s a bulldozer. In the book, Dennis drives a Plymouth Duster; in the movie, a Dodge Charger.

These are just a few errors we mention that are found inside the book. If you have a copy of the first issue hard cover with the dust jacket, you will find a picture of Mr. King sitting on the hood of a 1957 Plymouth, not a 1958.

In an interview Mr. King was asked, why all the errors? His response was that he wrote the middle first, then a few years later wrote the beginning and end. He needed to come up with a car brand name and found Fury the most fitting. Webster defines Fury as "Violent, intense anger." Need we say more?

Due to time and money constraints there were several changes made for the adaptation from paper to film. Here are some major changes made from the book to movie:

•Christine now became a two door Fury, like the factory car, with the exception of her color. There is no mention as to why she is “born†red, but the opening scene of her on the assembly line gives an indication she was a special order Fury.

•In the book, Christine's previous owner is Ronald LeBay, who sells the car to Arnie, and after his death we meet his brother George. In the movie, Ronald the owner had already passed away and it's George who sells the car to Arnie and later tells the car's history to Dennis.

•In the book Arnie unknowingly runs drugs for Darnell, which is why Christine kills him. In the movie, Arnie runs auto parts and Darnell is killed because he sees Christine in her "damaged state."

•In the book it is Ronald LeBay who possesses Christine and Arnie. In the movie, it is Christine who is born possessed on the assembly line.

•In the book, Arnie fights LeBay's evil spirit, which is inside him. While doing so, LeBay's evil spirit kills Arnie and his mother. In the movie, Christine accidentally kills Arnie as they are doing battle with Dennis and Leigh. (Arnie's mother does not die in the movie.)

•The book takes place in Pennsylvania while the movie takes place in California [where else? — ed.].

•The book has Dennis going for a ride with Arnie in Christine. During this ride Arnie starts to turn into LeBay, and Christine takes them back in time to 1958. In the movie, during this ride, neither happens.

•[Dave in Seattle added: Ronald LeBay was Roland in the book; and while Arnie was arrested running cigarettes in the book, this was changed to drugs in the movie. Christine kills Darnell to make the case against Arnie go away.]

Ads were placed across the country to buy available 1958 Plymouths. A total of 23 1958 Plymouths were purchased and customized to look alike. Only 16 were used for filming, the others for parts. Belvederes and Savoys were used along with Furys for filming. All were painted red and white (as needed) and the gold trim was painted silver or made for the cars that did not have it as an option. The Fury interior was also changed to match the exterior.

The opening shot of Christine being assembled shows her as the only red Fury. This scene had to be filmed first so the other cars could be re-painted. If you look closely, the Furys do not have the gold trim or the word "Fury" on the fins. The trim on the movie cars had already been painted silver for the transformation that would take place after this scene was filmed.

Production began April 25, 1983; the movie opened fairly quickly afterwards, on December 9, 1983. It was described by Time as "John Carpenter's best film since Halloween."

now for some pics

christine11lo1.jpg

image43mz.jpg

amt58plymbelvederebox01-vi.jpg

NR05.jpg

Fury4_eng.jpg

Christine05.jpg

477.jpg

10385289_gal.jpg

Oh yeah, just finished reading that, great book. Stephen King is one of the few horror authors I enjoy. This should be interesting.

Guess I will join in.

Has anyone ever seen that retro T.V. show Macgyver? If not I recomend it. Anyway Macgyver has like a 41 chevy truck, I love it and have been preparing to build a model of it.

http://www.macgyveronline.com/pages/truck.html

There are some pics.

This should be a fun build, just need some brown spray paint. :)

Oh yeah, just finished reading that, great book. Stephen King is one of the few horror authors I enjoy. This should be interesting.

Guess I will join in.

Has anyone ever seen that retro T.V. show Macgyver? If not I recomend it. Anyway Macgyver has like a 41 chevy truck, I love it and have been preparing to build a model of it.

http://www.macgyveronline.com/pages/truck.html

There are some pics.

This should be a fun build, just need some brown spray paint. :)

Sure, and welcome to the build, there's no real deadline or end date yet. Eventually there will be. Looks like an interesting project. ;)

Am I the only one that noticed the "restoration" under the AMT kit has an alternator? Must have been a "special order" too. :lol:

Well I just pickep the closest Kit, She Ain't perfect, Just pretty. :lol:

P1050034.jpg this is gonna be my build 1983 gmc (fallguy) more info and pics coming i need some info on the color brown and the color of the seats thanks

Ok here's some info, the truck is a 1981-1985 GMC Sierra Grande K Series (4WD), http://imcdb.org/vehicle_2084-GMC-K-Series-1985.html , interior was black.

i dont think he was talking about the kit but about the car with the gold engine and the shiney new alternator B)

Oh ok.

Well enough gab, I've Painted everything, assembled the interior, engine, and chassis, and only have to paint the red on the body, painted the white top.

Found these in My '65 El Camino kit

Christine003.jpg

asembled these

Christine004.jpg

Christine006.jpg

Christine009.jpg

Christine010.jpg

Christine011.jpg

Christine018.jpg

Christine019.jpg

Christine020.jpg

Lookin real good Nick, But if memory serves correctly, in the movie there was a little bit of white (or off white) in the interior. I could be wrong, it's been a while since I've seen the movie. I do know however that the very top trim of the door panels was chrome or aluminum (can't remember which). Just tryin to help out. Can't wait to see it done.

Lookin real good Nick, But if memory serves correctly, in the movie there was a little bit of white (or off white) in the interior. I could be wrong, it's been a while since I've seen the movie. I do know however that the very top trim of the door panels was chrome or aluminum (can't remember which). Just tryin to help out. Can't wait to see it done.

Thanks, and I'll have to double check that. :)

Hey Nick, can I get in on this build with this car?

zz-top-eliminator-hot-rod-3.jpg

It's the ZZ Top Eliminator car from the '80's. I know it wasn't in a show or movie per say, but it WAS on MTV every 90 minutes back in the day! That is, back when they actually showed music videos! :lol: Let me know what you think, and thanks alot! Ed

Alright, I'm going to get into this build! I recently picked up the "reissued" Revell Jeep CJ-7 Renegade kit, and just looked through the Internet Movie-Car Database for an idea. I've decided to build Demi Moore's Jeep from St. Elmo's Fire, but of course only have one picture to go off of.

385.jpg

When I go home for winter break, I'll be able to actually watch the movie again and see if I can see any more details. But, for now (this weekend actually), I'll take care of the chassis parts that aren't seen during the movie.