Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Chevy Pro Mod Drag truck (6-16-13) More chassis work

Hey guys, Well the hand is finally doing better and at about 90% so i figured time for a new project. I decided to try my hand on a 1/25th project, Not sure how good it's going to go the darn thing is so tiny after working on that 1/16th scale. I seen Flash point had just released the 1/25th 66 chevy promod Truck and just had to have it, door and front will be removable, The back half of the chassis will not see much detail beings you will never see it. Going to concentrate on the interior and engine bay, power will come from an 815 sonny's semi hemi that Ross gibson makes and will have 2 gear driven Prochargers hanging off the front of it. I will use pegasus rear tires, not sure on wheels yet. Will also be using some of Scott's great parts. Building this chassis is definitely going to be a challenge, I can find any pictures of a promod chassis for this truck so i will be winging it. Only have 2 crappy pictures of it right now lol, Just wanted to get the thread started since i was bored. I will have some chassis pictures hopefully tommarrow night. sorry for the long read.

002-vi.jpg

003-vi.jpg

Edited by Prostreet

Cool build, I'm sure this will be a lot of fun to watch! Nice body too, that is absolutely something I'd like to have too after seeing Fast Freddy a couple of times in person doing those huge burnouts!

DSC9995.jpg

Here's their website for more pics...I'm not sure if there are any chassis shots, but... http://www.fastfreddy.nu/

And I said he does long burnouts. Yes, and then he comes back to the starting line very fast, a few years ago someone was looking with a speed camera and Freddy was reversing over 200 km/h (124 MPH). :blink:

Here's a video of mine.

Not mine, but..

Joe.... It's great to hear your hand is almost 100% recovered. Also glad to see you back at the bench. This is gonna be a stellar build. Would love to see you get around to another 1/16th scale build ;). Looking forward to updates on this one.

you mentioned building the chassis might be a challenge, i would do the front half like a normal pro mod car and then attached is a photo i found somewhere long ago of how i would do the rear. I believe this is a photo of a pro mod truck rear end chasis. sorry its so small...ive had it forever. Hope this helps and ill be watching!

post-11416-0-24425000-1370410047_thumb.j

Well unfortunately I'm not going to continue this project, I have been trying to do the chassis and everything is just to small and tight for me with my shaky hands. I'm going to put it up on eBay with all the stuff that I bought to go with it and put that money into the 1/16th project. Hopefully I will start that project soon.

Sad to hear that Joe. It would have been really fun to see what you can do with this build. But I'm really looking forward to your 1/16th scale build also, I know you will do great work with it.

It's all good fellas, I can do regular 1/25th stuff. But trying to build the tube chassis is just to much, Maybe give it shot later on down the road some time with a car instead. For the next 1/16th build i have 3 projects in mind right now. Willys promod , TDR 69 camaro promod or a Comp dragster. I really want a new style camaro promod body but there aren't any out there yet.

Joe all three ideas for 1/16th scale sound awesome. I love the Comp Dragster idea. I have been wanting to do either a Super Comp or Top Dragster myself because I love the looks of those dragster and watching them race. They are on my list but a ways down to get too lol

Ok fellas, I decided to give it another shot and i'm having some good success so far. I'm using a metal plate with magnets to hold my chassis in place while i work on it which helped alot. The interior area is so small being a truck, Not sure if the doors will get opened due to the fact the bottom of the door line is really close to the rocker and the bottom of the body is wedged. The front end will definitely be removable though, Can't go to much further without the engine and rear tires. With the scale dreams debacle i'm not sure when i will see them so i need to find another place to order a Ross engine and pegasus rear tires. I have some parts coming from Scott for this build, I also have a Comp resins GXP body coming to do a sportsman build or maybe and ADRL prostock car.

003-vi.jpg

002-vi.jpg