Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kenworth W900 custome

I hate posting my builds on here because I am not the best modeler but I figured if I am going to be a member of this forum I need to particapate. This is my streached W900, fenders, tail lights and marker lights I ordered from, "Modelmakershop", all the rest of the stuff I scratch built. Texas bumper, sun visor, a/c unit, wind deflector, hood vents, side tool box and back tool box believe it or not are made of cardstock, I ran out of plastic so had to use paper. The satellite dome is made from a lid off a purfume bottle and the base and trim of it are paper. The paint is Krylon rattle can. I hate rattle cans so the paint job isn't the best. For all the chrome parts I made I used metal tape, it is the tape you use for tapeing air condition and heating ducts, not sure the proper name for it.

Like I said, it isn't the best and it won't win any shows but I had fun doing it.

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg%7Boption%7DDSC_0065.jpg

Edited by Inky

I didn't take any pics of the engine but I can. It isn't any thing fancy, just straight out of the box and painted with the only paints I had left. Give me a couple minutes and I will get some engine pics for ya.

You got nothing to be embarassed about! Looks like a nice build. You learned alot doing it, and have someting nice to display. Pack it up and take that to the Arkansas Model show in Little Rock. Ken Leslie (on this Board) and Dave Branson put on that show. great guys. Ken does awesome airbrush work and does local seminars. If you hate rattle cans Ken can be your next new best friend. :) You got a great imagination and follow thru.

Keep up the good work.

Can any one direct me to the best place to buy these wheels and tires for my drop deck I am building?

ROG trailer with AMT 10.00x 20's 1/25 scale

****EDIT****

I FOUND SOME WHEELS AND TIRES SO I DON'T NEED TO BUY THEM NOW.

Edited by Inky

Thank you Gordon. I am curently working on the drop deck and should be done with it in a couple weeks, Also have a friend designing me a to scale Rolls Royce Trent 800 jet engine to strap to the deck, should look good I hope.

• 3 weeks later...