Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question about Jo-Han 70 Olds 442 kit

I'm almost afraid to open mine. LOL. Towards the end, Johan used whatever plastic that was in the hoppers. I do have a Turbine car molded in army man green. Remember those toy soldiers? The Turbines also were molded in bronze and white. As far as your Olds is concerned, I have heard of them being molded in tan, white, red, black, and aqua. I also have various SC/Ramblers in white, dark green and blue. I have a blue Marlin and I have seen a red one.

Mine was molded in white...I got one of the last ones, from Okey's Wharehouse find. Didn't come with tires, but that's OK as I built it as a slight custom.

With Johan kits, like Gregg said, it's like a Pot-Luck...you never know what you will get! I have a 72 NASCAR Torino in semi-translucent Orange and two in white, and my Heavenly Hearse is molded in bright blue!

I , too wish the kits would come back, but that aint likely to happen as the molds were either stolen or destroyed or thrown away. Mr. Oakey has a few molds but not the entire catalogue. I think he may even have the Mercedes molds but those are missing tire molds.