Model Cars Magazine Forum

Huge Milestone!! 83 Mack Dump Truck update 99% completed

Well Guys,

After almost 1 year at the dining room table..this project is almost completed..which is a huge deal, here at our house. After paint, this piece has just "fought" with me in everyway. Just a few items to complete..some additional decaling, pinning of the hood (some final allignment(s) and she'll be ready for the glass cabinet. The model has a fully operational dump body (working taligate) full opening of the hood over the (grille guard) to expose the 300 Maxidyne engine, decals glore..Again this model with some modifications was made after one I actually owned several years ago.

To, Tim, and everyone else thank you for all your imput/suggestions...Jamie (Mo Aluminum) for the cast resin tires..they are just awesome..and rare Ebay finds. Once fully completed..I'll forward some additional pictures to Truckmodeler.com for Tim to hopefully post. Happy modeling to all...

Here are a few pictures.....Kurt McLucas

DSCN4113.jpg

DSCN4108.jpg

DSCN4116.jpg

DSCN4119.jpg

10-29-2006

Well,

"She" is 100% completed as of today. Just need to add the PA inspection stickers..and that is it. This was definately an "experience" I'll never forget. What "trying" moments through the entire project/build. I'll post a few more pictures for time being..BUT all will need to tune into the next version/release of Tim's (TRUCK MODELER.COM) website update for even more detailed pictures (if Tim will post them)

Tim, several more pictures are on the way over to you. Thank you all for the kind comments...and we'll see you after next February with the BIG Pete triaxle dump build.

Happy Holidays to all.......Kurt McLucas

DSCN4151d.jpg

DSCN4149d.jpg

Ken,

They were hand fabricated (each) at least 2 days went into both fender mirrors. Here is a list I put together while building the Mack of all the custom fabrication and parts that were made...for everyone's curiosity.

Thank you, Kurt McLucas

Custom Parts Fabricated

Engine heater receptacle

Hydraulic oil tank

Bumper poles

Front grille

Grille guard

Fender mirrors

Side Mirrors/w-round spot mirrors

Dump box (modified/shortened)

Dog box

Pintle hook plate w/â€D†rings

Exhaust rain cap

Stack guide

Tailgate hardware (chains)

Hood hinges

Mud flaps (front and rear)

Exhaust (sections)

Window vent shades

Bug deflector w/Bulldog mount

Sun visor

Air horns w/Mack logo

Bullet lights

PTO system/Hydraulic RAM (dump box)

Air and hydraulic lines

AM/FM radio antenna.......And I am sure I forgot some.

I am GLAD it is just over !!!!

• 3 weeks later...