Model Cars Magazine Forum

Perry's Resin

Well my experience with Perry's is different. I inquired about his 53 Ford in April, he said it was in stock, I ordered it and received it in a month. Shipped half way around the globe, no less.

I haven't noticed here that anyone has advised Randy Frost of this discussion, so I took the liberty of doing so by sending him a link to this thread. I thought it would be instructive for him to see what is being said about his service, and I hate to see someone whose work is so well respected to lose business because of poor customer relations. In any case, bodies seem to be his only online interest, based on the following notice on his website, from 2008:

Changes at Perry's

When I started Perry's Resin Replicas, I did so with a long term goal of someday opening a hobby shop. In November 2006, we did that. I had originally planned on continuing with Perry's in it's current form, but time isn't permitting that. With the hobby shop being a full-time, and, at this time, a seven day a week job, I've decided to trim Perry's back. We are dropping all the small parts and tires from the website, however they will still be available in the shop and at shows. They will NOT be available by mail or internet order.

The website will continue to operate and carry the body kits and conversions.

All current orders will be filled, however, no new orders for small parts and tires will be processed as of January 7, 2008.

Now, with time being freed up, this will allow us to bring new products to market.

Randy Frost

Edited by sjordan2

Rollercoaster ride may only take a couple minutes, but becomes a 2 hour wait to ride it when 1000 people show up for the ride.

Though I have had the same experiences with Randy, in the end I am confident everyone gets their product. While I do not quite classify this necessarily with "bad customer service", a simple notification of wait time would be sufficient for me. No problem waiting for quality as I have plenty of boxes of garbage that has come right away. This man is not slow because his product is sub par, on the contrary he is overwhelmed because he is that good. I too though have resulted to waiting most the time for a show to find a vendor to get the products on the spot if at all possible.

If 1000 people show up for the rolercoaster on a regular basis, the park builds a second one. It appears that Randy has been "overwhelmed" by business for years now. If he is getting enough business that it's taking 6 months or mor to ship, he is getting enough business to hire help to speed things along. I'm sure he is not getting much more business than the modelhaus, yet they get their orders out in a timely fashion.

If 1000 people show up for the rolercoaster on a regular basis, the park builds a second one. It appears that Randy has been "overwhelmed" by business for years now. If he is getting enough business that it's taking 6 months or mor to ship, he is getting enough business to hire help to speed things along. I'm sure he is not getting much more business than the modelhaus, yet they get their orders out in a timely fashion.

Great response here guys! No intention on slamming anyone here, just trying to get a point across. The fact of being misleading on a delivery time is not as bad as ignoring e-mails (not answering them). 6 to 7 e-mails within a 7 month time frame have gone unanswered! When I e-mailed from a different e-mail address, about a week ago, to inquire about how long an order might take I was answered the same day! Again, I should have learned from my first experience, but as we all agree, his stuff is A1 quality.

If 1000 people show up for the rolercoaster on a regular basis, the park builds a second one.

You have not been to Disney lately, lines so long you can put your name on a waiting list and come back LOL. As stated a lot of this could be cleared up by siply stating delivery times, that way the consumer has the "option" to wait.

You have not been to Disney lately, lines so long you can put your name on a waiting list and come back LOL. As stated a lot of this could be cleared up by siply stating delivery times, that way the consumer has the "option" to wait.

But on the flip side if the retailer continuusly quotes "6 months or more" he'll find himself with out customers

As I mentioned above, I sent an e-mail about this thread to Perry's Resin based on the address given on their website (perrysresin@sympatico.ca). However, that message has not gone through after 14 hours, so I assume it's not functional.

But on the flip side if the retailer continuusly quotes "6 months or more" he'll find himself with out customers

It's clear by reading this thread that if the buyers have to wait 6 months or more, no matter what they're told, then he'll find himself without repeat customers.

I haven't noticed here that anyone has advised Randy Frost of this discussion, so I took the liberty of doing so by sending him a link to this thread. I thought it would be instructive for him to see what is being said about his service, and I hate to see someone whose work is so well respected to lose business because of poor customer relations. In any case, bodies seem to be his only online interest, based on the following notice on his website, from 2008:

Changes at Perry's

When I started Perry's Resin Replicas, I did so with a long term goal of someday opening a hobby shop. In November 2006, we did that. I had originally planned on continuing with Perry's in it's current form, but time isn't permitting that. With the hobby shop being a full-time, and, at this time, a seven day a week job, I've decided to trim Perry's back. We are dropping all the small parts and tires from the website, however they will still be available in the shop and at shows. They will NOT be available by mail or internet order.

The website will continue to operate and carry the body kits and conversions.

All current orders will be filled, however, no new orders for small parts and tires will be processed as of January 7, 2008.

Now, with time being freed up, this will allow us to bring new products to market.

Randy Frost

That message has been on the Perry's website for as long as I've been visiting their page! Good greif, guys! :rolleyes:

I don`t want to pile on and beat the guy down but three years ago I also had the same experience of non returned e-mails and an unusually LONG EXTENDED WAIT (13 months) to get my several items ($100.00+ U.S. dollars worth) from Perry.

However, like everyone else once the items finally arrived they were EXCELLENT!!!

Along with the items he sent a note of apology stating that he was opening his own hobby shop and the new venture had taken ways from his casting time.

I have not ordered from him again and have stayed away from doing so ever since...true he has "Mad" casting skills but isn`t timely in delivery or customer responsiveness. :(

Edited by 69NovaYenko

• 10 months later...

I'll give him a call on Tuesday, I was gone before I saw the reply.

Nick

I am having trouble also . I just cannot get connected for information abuot an old purchase . He told me he had what I wanted and payed for . I am still waiting . About two months . Thanx ..

I just talked to Randy by phone saturday and ordered a Malibu wagon kit. It sounds like that if he has what you want in stock it should only take a week or so. The resin stuff is time consumin' and he is busy runnin' his shop. I'm in no big hurry and the quality is worth the wait to me.

Smokey

I did contact Randy at Perry's Resin yesterday . I've been using <perrysresin.com> . Useless information . The site is <perrysresin@sympatico.com> . The phone works well . Quoting Nick , "the best way" . It is listed at his website . He rarely reads the message board . I apologize for the bad report . After hearing no answers for quite awhile , I got nerveous . His products are excellent . I'v been a customer for as long as he has been in business , resin business that is . I retract my remarks about bad service . Sincerely ..Thanx ..

PS : Edit today , thanx Nick ...

Edited by dimaxion

Hey Dimaxon,

Good job on doin' the retraction. I originally called him three times on a monday and got nervous... Duh on me ...he is closed on mondays...simple huh...

Also thanks Nick for helpin' us.

Smokey

Nick (or anyone else with an answer),

If calling him is the best way to find out what is available, can one place an order at that time and be assured that it will be on it's way? I have had my eye on a couple of resin kits for some time but had reservations because Randy has been busy.

Nick (or anyone else with an answer),

If calling him is the best way to find out what is available, can one place an order at that time and be assured that it will be on it's way? I have had my eye on a couple of resin kits for some time but had reservations because Randy has been busy.

Well I personally feel the best way would be to place it over the phone and tell Randy that you'll also send a Hard copy of the order.

Nick

Nick, I built on of Randy's 70 Cuda conversions for my Swede Savage build and it was really nice. I'm in the process of building another for a friend and I'm interested in buying another though he does not have it listed on the web anymore. Does he make this kit? Again I called and emailed and never got a return from him. One of my friends Bud Lefever was friends with Randy and I was able to get the resin I needed just by asking Bud. Now since buds passing in 2009 I havent had any luck.

Matt