Model Cars Magazine Forum

STREET TRUCK/TRUCKIN/MINI TRUCK BUILD`

Still2High

I am wondering if anyone would like to participate in a truck build off? I wont limit it to just trucks, I'd also toss in accepting SUV's.... The point of this build is to bring out the custom side in us modelers and see what we can pull off. I know theres plenty of you on here building with hidden talents. I'd love to see them get put to work on a truck! The rules are going to be.. The truck must be altered in suspension one way or another. Coil overs, Air bags, Lowered, Lifted ETC.

The truck is to stand out as if they where doing a truckin photo shoot. I know we dont all have the money to build a show truck, Some do some dont. Heres our chance to build one in plastic! Remember, Primer makes it in magazines too!!

I'll be the first to join. Please post your username and what kit you will be using. Your allowed to use as many kits as you need, kit bash etc to complete your build... Just repost this with your name and what your using. Unlimited amount of members allowed in this build. We'll set the end date for September 5th. Should give most of us a good amount of time. With a community build like this it'll give me the urge to wanna finish and thats enough motivation in itself.

1.) OffTheClockCustoms- 99 Silverado/2003 Escalade

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

Does it have to have started out as a truck? I've been thinking of "El Camino" versions of varoius passenger cars that would fit in with this theme if built as rods or customs instead of as stockers. I also have another project that I started several years ago which kinda stalled, so if I can enter one that's already about 1/3 finished I may just go with that instead. (No hints as to what it is - I don't want anyone stealing my thunder with this one! :blink:)

Don't worry Jim, Rustfather got banned from this site months ago! B)

... And I like to think I played some small part in his departure. I hope he learned his lesson: If you're gonna take credit for a model, BUILD IT YOURSELF!

You talked me into it, Chuck: It's a 1970 GMC 4-door Dually Pro Street.

The rules are going to be.. The truck must be altered in suspension one way or another. Coil overs, Air bags, Lowered, Lifted ETC.

Does this include a two wheel to four wheel drive conversion? I'm building a model of my 1:1 daily driver that is nothing special, not in the weeds or a mile off the ground, just a normal stock truck, but to build it in scale, the kit must be converted.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I havent been around paying attention to this one much. I am back though and I will be starting on my truck here in the next few days. I am gonna allow any truck that you'd see in the magazine. I've seen el camino's in there so as long as it has a "Bed" its good to go. Mines going to be a very hard swap. I know most people will guess when I say a 99 Silverado and a Escalade... So, You got a basic idea.... The rest is kind of a secret until we start posting updates.. I love to see these trucks built so I am not gonna have an end date. Were just gonna build with no end date so we dont have to rush things. I'll be posting pics of progress periodically... Thanks for the interest folks!!

Got most of my truck primered. Still got to make the fuel cell and the air compressors. Do some detail work on the suspension. Pretty close to paint the frame. The engine is done being painted and assembled I will post some pics of that. I got some pics on the workbench forum check it out. Aloha to everyone that is goin to build sick trucks. Can't wait to see them. Aloha from Kauai Hawaii