Model Cars Magazine Forum

San Francisco Verses the Flying Saucers! Finished!

Ira

Extremely well done. As a big fan of 60s SiFi I have enjoyed watching this build develop. Great creative skills, Ira. It's good to see a builder who isn't afraid to go way out of the box!

What's next? Army or Air Force to the rescue? Maybe Commando Cody or Flash Gordon?

Dale

Ira, you are without a doubt one of the most creative and imaginative builders that I have ever seen. Your scratchbuilding for your creations is just amazing. Fantastic work.

Thanks for the kind words Richard!

So glad you like it... B)

Ira, I always follow your builds and love them all. This one is my favorite yet. It is so cool ! I can't wait to see what your mind has in store for us next. Keep on creating !!!

Thanks for the kind words Ray!

I am working on CAM-AIR, An 8th scale Landspeeder, a Cylon/Vette,C.Bomb Kitbash, Jedi Tie Wing, and a Colonial Viper Kitbash... B)

You can'nt get more creative than this !! Just an awesome, awesome job !!! I am sure you explained this but how does the house hold the weight and balance of the saucer ? What scale ? Love it !!

Thanks for the kind words Terry!

The House was mounted on a large base for added stability. Then the House was reinforced with two kinds of glue and plastic tubing was used to reinforce the major supporting joints and walls. The Saucer is held in place with magnets. If you check early SF vs FS construction steps you will find all of the building info... B)

Amazing! Can we see a night shot with just the house and saucer lights?

Thanks Chris!

I tried some Dark Shots but they didn't turn out very good. I'll have to call my best friend & Photo Expert Mike Wong at Spring Mountain Gallery & see what he can do... B)

Edited by Ira

Ira, you are going to have to go some to top this build. I have a feeling however that you will. Very cool build.

Thanks Ray!

Yeah, this was Great Fun. I got to do some New & Different Techniques... B)

Edited by Ira

Ira,

What other superlative can I add that hasn't already been shared? I have watched this build from start to finish. I am in awe of your talent and creativity! AWESOME!!!

David

Thanks for the kind words David!

So glad you enjoyed it... B)

I kind of like the idea someone had about building a block with weird things going on. There is no shortage of ideas from old sci-fi movies. ( not that you need others ideas ) . Think about the possibilities. The Blob at a dinner or movie theater. Zombies, large spiders, Godzilla, endless possibilities and you have the talent to pull it off.