Model Cars Magazine Forum

This one is Revells' 1/6 scale engine kit of a Ford cammer. These engine kits build up with a minimum of drama and are very solid with a lot of the parts being die cast by the look of them.

I changed the plug wires and gave it a light weathering to show how it would look after a few runs but otherwise its out of the box.

IMG_5235_zps002b166f.jpg

IMG_5289_zps3110149f.jpg

This is a great build up. I remember Hot Rod used to feature engines on their cover. This looks like it was pulled from their cover. GREAT job!

I have the 426 version of this engine in the series. I haven't started it but plan to soon. Your effort is so nice......I really want this engine.

Mike

Edited by iBorg

these engines were sold in two versions; a disassembled kit and a assembled and painted diecast/ model.while I never built the kit I did take apart the model and repaint it. the model`s chrome is very difficult to remove so I left the front cover and valve covers chrome and painted the engine block and in-between the valve cover ribs ford engine red.the headers I painted flat white,the oil pan and heads aluminum,the blower case magnesium and detailed the bolt heads ,pulleys ,magneto etc..the look I was going for was the engine in don purdhomme`s dragster.so if you do purchase the diecast model you can dis-assemble it with a little effort to repaint it if you wish.

• 3 weeks later...