Model Cars Magazine Forum

finished my first TDR project!!!

turned out very nice and strong enough to support a 1/8 scale car. had to get them dirty because ive never seen a clean jack stand unless they were on the shelf at harbor (fraud) freight.

pretty easy once pieces cleaned up but did have to design a racheting mechanism out of some channel plastic and wire, painted red with a sharpie so quick and ready to go!

in action on front of lindberg rat rod:

inactionfront.jpg

inactionfront2.jpg

and some closer shots:

standsupanddown2.jpg

standsupanddown3.jpg

i have to get a few more sets of these for in progress frame stands etc. look great and work great too! they are a bit delicate for the cleanup process but nothing insurmountable. i did crack one of the upper portions but it just looks like it is typical "made in china" quality and besides its hot rod style and who is afraid of a cracked jack stand? not hot rodders thats for sure!

i have to recommend these as fairly inexpensive display accessories for 1/8 scale cars/

Hey....looking good JB!!

Great "greasy" finishing job on the stands!! They look like the real thing setting under your rod.

Just to let everybody know, I now have the assembly instructions posted in the TDRcatalog.com website. Here is a link

http://www.tdrcatalog.com/servlet/the-23/Engine-and-Jack-Stands/Detail

Just click on the link in the text writeup to see the instructions for the jackstands.

I tested these stands a while back. If my memory is right I think I put 5 pounds on 1 jackstand. It did not break but that was all the farther I pushed it

Hey....looking good JB!!

Great "greasy" finishing job on the stands!! They look like the real thing setting under your rod.

Just to let everybody know, I now have the assembly instructions posted in the TDRcatalog.com website. Here is a link

http://www.tdrcatalog.com/servlet/the-23/Engine-and-Jack-Stands/Detail

Just click on the link in the text writeup to see the instructions for the jackstands.

I tested these stands a while back. If my memory is right I think I put 5 pounds on 1 jackstand. It did not break but that was all the farther I pushed it

That's funny...LOL. I have a couple here at the digs......I'll see just how much static weight they will stand before before they give up the ghost. I'll start with a brick and move up to a cement block. Yeah, just havin' some fun, but I want to see just what it takes to explode these things into a poof of powder.

huh. i didnt get that little rachet piece with mine. would have made things easier and work better than the arrangement i made up. maybe next time.

speaking of next time, are the jackstands available separate from the motor stand? i will buy another set if so...the ones i got were comped to me when i bought the Offy motor so maybe i got preproduction copies without the racheting device.

they sure look and work good. thanks again for making accessories like this available.

• 4 months later...

huh. i didnt get that little rachet piece with mine. would have made things easier and work better than the arrangement i made up. maybe next time.

speaking of next time, are the jackstands available separate from the motor stand? i will buy another set if so...the ones i got were comped to me when i bought the Offy motor so maybe i got preproduction copies without the racheting device.

they sure look and work good. thanks again for making accessories like this available.

Judging by the first page he hand crafted the ratcheting system B)

Judging by the first page he hand crafted the ratcheting system :)

The ratchet piece is included in the kits, I think the ones that were a comp item were just samples.

A question was asked if you could get just the stands, contact TDR by email (tdr.innovations@gmail.com)

and I'm sure they would sell just the stands.

Edited by GrandpaMcGurk