Model Cars Magazine Forum

*8 Alan Mann racing GT40

Hi Guys, And I'm back still steadily plodding along and still the biggest problem has been lack of colour call outs and instructions with the detail set.

GT40015-2.jpg

GT40003-8.jpg

GT40004-7.jpg

GT40005-6.jpg

GT40007-8.jpg

GT40nebay002.jpg

GT40nebay015.jpg

Will be getting more done this weekend but the weather has turned and its now -2 and snowing

Best wishes

Steve

I know you're building this to your own satisfaction but you have significant errors in these pictures. The engine blocks were all black, the heads were raw aluminum (where the PE flanges are)-not gold and the carb choke horn runs across the carb throat not front to rear.

Finding web or book reference will be far more help than asking for colors on the instruction sheet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

After a few weeks when absolutly nothing went right I have decided to get rid of the whole lot to a friend, This is supposed to be a hobby and something to enjoy and this got to the stage where it was neither, in the last 3 weeks I have made 4 1/24th scale kits and I am working on the 5th I still have some other 1/12ers which I am planning on doing but don't know when.

Best wishes

Steve

Hi Guys,

After a few weeks when absolutly nothing went right I have decided to get rid of the whole lot to a friend, This is supposed to be a hobby and something to enjoy and this got to the stage where it was neither...

-Which is why I titled my WIP "Things to watch out for" and posted tips in the threads. I wrote it to help guys and prevent a $200+ loss. And though challenging, the challenge was the fun.

Several guys on sites have let this build fade away or fast-built an OOB, inaccurate car.