Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big Drag to return?

OK, sounds kinda far fetched but just remember how far fetched it would have been a couple years ago to suggest Monogram would bring back, of all things, the Big Tub!

a friend of mine who often turns out to have known of whence he speaks, mentioned the Big Drag was up for a reissue.

Has anyone heard anything similar? personally i always thought that was THE bomb kit of the "big" series. i always presumed somehow the molds are gone or destroyed or something but thats what i might have thought about the big tub too.

I always got the feeling the Big Drag is the kit most, serious, adult modelers wanted the most out of all the "Big X' kits from Monogram. They've released both the Big Deuce and Big Tub kits, so why not the Big Drag next? They might as well re-issue the 1/8 parts packs, too. :(

I always got the feeling the Big Drag is the kit most, serious, adult modelers wanted the most out of all the "Big X' kits from Monogram. They've released both the Big Deuce and Big Tub kits, so why not the Big Drag next? They might as well re-issue the 1/8 parts packs, too. :(

I agree that it's about time that they pulled this out of mothballs & gave it a chance to run, I saw one of these at the Western NNL this last weekend, the guy was asking $500 for it & didn't even bat an eyelash or stutter. As for the parts packs, this is something I've been pleading about for years, & all I get is that thee isn't enough interest in parts packs to make it worth while for Revell to tool up & release them again, but there is enough interest int the big kits? Wouldn't the same people buy both, or at least a large portion? Oh well, deaf ears I guess. It was great to see all of the upity mucks from the mag at the NNL, I hope they had as much fun as my wife & I (or at least me) had.

I'm surprised they don't dunk a few of the parts pack parts in each reissue box as a way to entice buyers to pay a few more bucks for a reissue.

I'm sure price is a major roadblock to people purchasing a 'Big' kit. $100.00 for a kit is a lot for most people, and with some extra parts you'd be up to $120.00 or so. That might be too far beyond the ideal price limit. :(

I'm sure price is a major roadblock to people purchasing a 'Big' kit. $100.00 for a kit is a lot for most people, and with some extra parts you'd be up to $120.00 or so. That might be too far beyond the ideal price limit. :(

If you think about it $100.00 is a deal for a 1/8 kit with 1/25's going for $25.00 to $40.00 apiece. Buy it with a Hobby Lobby coupon and it's $60.00. I hope R/M will repop ALL the 1/8 kits including the motorcycles. If you look through the Big Boys section you'll notice most large scale builders don't build OOB so the parts packs would be a great addition to the line up.