Model Cars Magazine Forum

The "FreakShow" new project 1/12/13

John Teresi

Really nice work John like always your just like a artist and a craftsman. You must have alot of scratchbuilding material onhand all times to do things like this.What body putty do you use for all your custom work and sandpaper?

John Pol

Hi John.........I use 3m Acryl-Blue Glazing Putty......I sand most of the putty off with 3M 320 grit........and the rest with 800 3M grit......I re-primer and re-putty if needed.........sand with 800 3M grit........add the color and .......color sand with 3M 1500 grit..........clear coat and wet sand with 3M 2000 grit and re-clear........thanks

Hello.......thank you all for the kind comments........I modified some parts box bumpers to replicate the 1:1 bumpers........not perfect but, good enough for the girls I go with........I like to show my work in the really "Rough" stages.........they will look pretty when I fine sand and paint.......I will hinge the trunk tomorrow........thanks for looking.

DSCF6581_zps0d88a070.jpg

DSCF6580_zpsc057471d.jpg

DSCF6579_zps0644e67b.jpg

DSCF6565_zps792559eb.jpg

DSCF6578_zps6ad3dfcb.jpg

John, I have not said much during this build, mainly because I'm still trying to get my head around all those body mods! Your doing a great job and it looks like you got your work cut out.

Happy sanding...

James........yes,I gotta allot of sanding to do........+ primer,+putty,+sanding,.....+ re-primer,+ re-putty,+ re-sanding......... :o

Hello.......thanks guys for the kind comments........I did some work on the blower, manifold, water pump ,alternator,distributor and started on one set of the carbs.......made some motor mounts.......I also mocked up a battery and radiator........also started on some steering linkage ,shocks and airbags........I made a compressor and air tank and made a gas tank.......thanks for looking.

DSCF6621_zpsf77c4d8f.jpg

DSCF6619_zps27cc3bff.jpg

DSCF6618_zps4c051347.jpg

DSCF6620_zpsd8abd365.jpg

DSCF6615_zps84bbc59a.jpg

DSCF6612_zps848ad493.jpg