Model Cars Magazine Forum

The "FreakShow" new project 1/12/13

John Teresi

Hello........I modified the C-10 chassis ........I added front and rear air bags and brake lines........I painted the chassis Alclad...........added a radiator and battery.........I started on the engine.........I modified the carbs ......I modified the trans......engine block painted Dupont Jarrett red and Alclad........I used "Pro Tech": SuperCharger pulley set, Nut and Bolt ends, Plug wires and looms, Throttle linkage for carbs and Trans, Rubber fuel line, T` Fittings, and modified the Distributor kit.......I still have a ton of detail to add to the engine ........thanks for looking.

DSCF6689_zps348895f8.jpg

DSCF6689_zps348895f8.jpg

DSCF6684_zps939bc6f4.jpg

DSCF6683_zps9c71c3ec.jpg

DSCF6682_zps09c33b52.jpg

DSCF6682_zps09c33b52.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

John, I've run out of adjectives for your work, simply put, you are THE MAN!!!

One question (Which I'm sure you've been asked before), how do you keep the Alclad from rubbing off while you're building and adding details?

Hi Mike........thank you for the question.........I try to plan building and adding details ahead of time.......with the thought of "Not" touching the Alclad as much as possible.......when I do handle the Alclad ,I use a soft cloth or tissue.........when I apply Alclad, I use a very little amount of Alclad..........so it is very easy to rub off when handling........but,it is also very easy to touch up any area were the Alclad has rubbed off........I just mask around the area and re-mist the Alcad over that area........I think the key to applying Alclad is to use very little so that you can get a nice chrome look and to be able to touch up rubbed off areas.........thanks