Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aluminum Willys Coupe: finished pictures posted 8/2/12

John Teresi

Hello.......thank you all very much for the kind comments........I started on the engine.......painted Alclad with a light wash and wired with "Pro Tech" spark plug wires, wire looms and detailing wire.......I hooked up a master cylinder, rotors and brake lines.......using "Pro Tech" t`fittings and nut and bolt ends.......I assembled the exhaust system also painted Alclad with a light wash.......I will assemble the injector and plumb tonight......thanks for looking.

DSCF2743.jpg

DSCF2746.jpg

DSCF2755.jpg

DSCF2752.jpg

DSCF2750.jpg

DSCF2748.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

I am enjoying watching this one come together. I have seen quite a few of your completed builds at shows and being new to this forum it is a first watching one of your masterpieces being built. Thank you for sharing and inspiring those of us without your incredible skills.

A question just popped in my feeble brain.

Does the pics you take help with the detail

or drive you into the "got to fix that" black hole.

Thanks John..

always awe inspired ..

your humble student

Joker

James.......yes, pictures help 100% with scale and detail........it shows me mistakes that I make.......my eyes aren`t as good as they use to be.......the pictures also help with out of scale parts........sometimes I can fix mistakes .......sometimes its to late.......but,I live with it........thank you for your question.

Hello.......thank you all so much for the kind comments........I did some work on the interior.......I modified the interior........scratch built roll cage, gauge cluster,brake pedal, gas pedal, shifter......painted the seats and made some seat belts using some "Pro Tech" seat belt fasteners and belt material......I also made a gas tank and painted alclad........I will finish up the engine tonight.......thanks for looking.

DSCF2780.jpg

DSCF2781.jpg

DSCF2782.jpg

DSCF2790.jpg

DSCF2805.jpg

DSCF2784.jpg

DSCF2785.jpg

Edited by John Teresi