Model Cars Magazine Forum

'53 Bel Air

CaptainAhab

Thanks fellas. Tim, I did what you suggested for windows and its going to be perfect! I Used blister pack plastic from some Dr. scholls gel insoles, ha! Hittin it with paint in the am. Model Master Bright Aqua Pearl, Finshed with Testors dullcote, And of course some pinstriping.

• 1 month later...

This is my kind of build. Totally sick. I bought a few of these kits (one for use with a resin 52 body,to copy my 1:1 car) and after seeing this I wanna start building one now. Love the black steelies, the stance and the chop. Keep up the great work!

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys! Well, this has been in the box for a little while now. I got some glue on the body while putting the windows in and messed up the paint. I got discouraged and threw it in the box... You'll be glad to know that tonite I finally prepped the body for a repaint! Off the the LHS tommorrow for some paint (Jantrix, suede is sounding tasty..) and hopefully ill get this baby done this time...

Joker- I used rustoleum, fills and sands nicely. I dig some plasticote too. That stuff is magic

• 2 weeks later...