Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th 57 Chevy Turbo ProMod (03-14-13) Finished Bull-Horns with V-band clamps

Prostreet

Joe, thats looking AWESOME mate. B)

I have time tough enough doing 1/12 scale, still to try my 1/16 builds. :lol: Not sure I'm looking forward to it now. ;)

Keep up the great work bud. :)

Thx. Greg, Redid my reverse lever to move it, and finished up the center of my chassis and seat mounts. Spent most of my day rearranging my hobby room and putting in a new desk. Will post some pictures tommarrow night of my progress.

Finally had some more time to work on the chassis, I have most of the center of the chassis complete and the funny car part of the cage started and my seat mount pretty much complete. After work tommarrow i will get the driveshaft tunnel done then start on the upper part of the cage. really hard to get those little tubes right where you want them, I'm learning alot and so far i'm happy with the way it is turning out. definitely some things i will change on the next one i build, Also received my new turbos from TRD and there going to work good. I will get some pictures up of the turbos tommarrow night. sorry for the big pictures, i tried resizing in photobucket and doesn't seem to be working. I just started using photobucket.

001-2.jpg

002-3.jpg

Edited by Prostreet

Hey Joe, that work looks mighty darn good to me for being your first! If I didn't know any better, it looks like this wasn't your first attempt. See... I knew you could do it, now you are no longer a virgin to custom chassis work! :D

Actually your pictures are the right size, I dont have to squint to see anything and dont have to click on a darn thumbnail to see the picture. lol

However I would like to take a peak at your Funny Car cage and seat mounts a little better!

Mike, here's a picture of the turbo next to the flashpoint BAE hemi. They are the 2-1/2" turbos, bummer is the detail isn't as good as it was on the larger ones but they are still nice, hard to get good pictures of it with my Iphone, I really need to invest in a good camera.

36c22436.jpg

Bart, Here are some more pictures of the cage and the seat mount setup. Kinda hard to see in these pictures.

b7d6ad37.jpg

9977c3b3.jpg

c4bda6a0.jpg

Edited by Prostreet

I am with everyone else... I think Joe has done an outstanding job for his first full blown chassis job!.... Even I am learning as he shows his work. :D

I saw the Video Tim (TDR) put up on Youtube on how to clean and prime the parts. He was using the 4.5" Turbo and they looked like they had A LOT of Detail! That is a shame it doesn't scale down to keep that.

Can't wait to get the Keith Black Hemi block and Heads from TDR. My plan is to use it as a model for my own Brad Anderson aluminum block... we will see how it goes. If I don't like it, at least I can resort to using the block with some modifications after speaking with Dave to make it look like a BAE.

Thx. for all the compliments guys, It makes the build that much better to me. I'm trying to find some pictures of the Brake master cylinder setup for the brakes along with the hand brake setup, Not really finding anything. If anybody has any pictures of that and could share that would be great. I will have another update tonight since i played hookie from work today lol.

looks good! Haven't seen a turbo build in a while... Are you gonna mount the turbos behind the front wheels or out front?

looks good! Haven't seen a turbo build in a while... Are you gonna mount the turbos behind the front wheels or out front?

Thx. guys, I'm gonna mount them behind the front wheels. more updates tommarrow night.

Only got a little work done, Made the Drive shaft tunnel. Used some K&S sheet and Plastruct .060" rod, I drilled some holes in the chassis and glued the hoops in and the tunnel itself is removable. Hope to have some more updates later tonight. it's been slow going but i'm making some progress lol.

fd1b03ac.jpg

joe, you wanted master cyl. mounting shots? where did you want the master cyl. to mount? in front of the firewall. high or low? behind the fire wall under the drivers feet?

bart, just so you know. TDR doesn't sell a keith black block. they sell a std hemi block. if i get time and tim wants to model a keith black block. it is on my list of "wants" but, as of now you'll be modifying a std. hemi block to look like a BAE.

joe, you wanted master cyl. mounting shots? where did you want the master cyl. to mount? in front of the firewall. high or low? behind the fire wall under the drivers feet?

bart, just so you know. TDR doesn't sell a keith black block. they sell a std hemi block. if i get time and tim wants to model a keith black block. it is on my list of "wants" but, as of now you'll be modifying a std. hemi block to look like a BAE.

Thanks for clarifying that for me, once I get back Mid week my plans are to begin working on my own mock up until the block arrives.

Joe very nice job on bending that Tunnel yourself. What did you use to get the curve and how did you finally get it to stay together without struggling with it popping apart? LOL

Thx. Guys, Can't tell you all my secrets. J/K lol, I used the end of a X-acto knife and bent it around it by hand. i did the top first to get a nice bend, Then i did the bottom and bent on half then the other. The bottom over laps a 32nd", the tin holds it's shape nice so it doesn't pop apart. I got my brake and clutch pedal mount and pedals done. this tiny stuff is very tedious and time consuming. gonna do the hand brake tommarrow.

f8c669ee.jpg

Edited by Prostreet