Model Cars Magazine Forum

Project: "Inferno" 49 Merc - *Update p17* 3/13/15

JasonFL

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow what an amazing build, your work on the suspension is outstanding, can't wait to see what you do with the engine.

Thanks Robert. Not a lot of motor work but the whole motor compartment will be done up.

tru pro cant wait to see more

Thanks Cory

Looking awesome LO LO LOW :D:D

Any more on this?

I'm working the same body right now!

Any problems with interior panels?

Thanks Bruce. Hopefully I'll get more info/photos up soon. I am actually having problems with the interior panels. The doors lines don't seem to match up at all. What kind of problems are you having?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks Bruce. Hopefully I'll get more info/photos up soon. I am actually having problems with the interior panels. The doors lines don't seem to match up at all. What kind of problems are you having?

Cr_ p I missed that one...sorry

I filled the (out of place) interior door panel line and scribed a new one.

Had to take about an 1/16th off the bottom of the whole panel as well..due to lowering.

Howzit goin' Jason?

First off I wanted to apologize to everyone for the lack of post and photos. Everything's been on the back burner for a while due to family stuff.

I also wanted to thank everyone for all the inspirational comments. I'm blown away! Hopefully I can get back at it soon. Very soon.

Here's some work I did before I stopped that I never posted

Had to cut out the floating battery. Made a replacement piece and also made some pieces to smooth out the rest of the motor compartment.

DSCN6907_zps7d03c022.jpg

0972_zps9de85be1.jpg

DSCN6946_zps1e926269.jpg

Edited by JasonFL

I hope the "family stuff" goes over smoothly. Any idea when you'll be back on this? This was a lot of inspiration for me to work on my 36 custom and make some headway on it.

Thanks for turning on the light and not leaving us in the dark.

Glenn

I hope the "family stuff" goes over smoothly. Any idea when you'll be back on this? This was a lot of inspiration for me to work on my 36 custom and make some headway on it.

Thanks for turning on the light and not leaving us in the dark.

Glenn

Thanks Glenn. I really appreciate it. The family stuff is starting to finally smooth out. I'm gonna try and really get back to the bench this week or next. We'll see. Throw me the link to your 36 build, I'd love to check it out.

It's people like you on this forum that keep me wanting to get back to the bench. So thank you for the inspiration.

Man I'm really digging this build, just started at page one and read it ALL!!!! Quality work in every part!!!

Haha thanks man, I appreciate that. Glad you enjoyed it, hopefully I'll have some more for you soon. Stay tuned.

Thanks Glenn. I really appreciate it. The family stuff is starting to finally smooth out. I'm gonna try and really get back to the bench this week or next. We'll see. Throw me the link to your 36 build, I'd love to check it out.

It's people like you on this forum that keep me wanting to get back to the bench. So thank you for the inspiration.

Yea I didn't do a thread for it, it's just a bunch of boring body work, putty, primer, sand, putty, primer, sand etc etc etc... I'll be sure to give you the link to my under glass post when I make it.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an underneath shot

DSCN7487_zpsd21d3de5.jpg

Wanted to incorporate some of the dimples to the motor compartment.

Plan A was to drill holes from the back of the motor compartment and put plates there but every hole drilled got worse so I filled them.

B8E64B23-5CE6-4010-B9D4-FAABB82331BE_zps

Plan B I decided to make plates to put in the motor compartment instead of on the outside.

DSCN7492_zpsdcaf9f9a.jpg

DSCN7518_zps21e8ad66.jpg

9F521634-1D02-45CD-A5CC-A2F36BD89EA0_zps

• 1 month later...