Model Cars Magazine Forum

Have to give him credit for getting with the times

I have seen this particular truck before and I do believe he started with a Suburban for the cab. This isn't the first crew cab I've seen for this body style, however. Seems to me there were some custom made for railway companies? I think they were the biggest customers for six-seater trucks back in the day.

Seems to me there were some custom made for railway companies?

The military was also a big buyer of crew cabs. I don't remember any Chevys, but as a military brat I remember seeing Dodge crew cabs on base. And since then, every one I've seen in the hobby started out as a military unit.

Probably used the rear steer suspension that was available for a few years on the GMT-800 era ( '99-06) Silverado. I've never seen a '67-72 crew cab, I'm assuming it's a custom..

It would almost be a necessity with a wheelbase that long. :blink:

A very nice looking, and well executed truck. It's surprising how well the late model wheels integrate, too.

I've driven a work truck that was that long and let me tell you 4WS would've been handy.

One thing that always made me wonder about this truck is how he managed to get the rear steering assembly to fit under that narrow box. The Quadrasteer trucks had stepside fenders on full-width beds to give extra space.

• 10 months later...