Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Camaro El General Pro Mod (updates 05/06/12)

tyrone

Hey Tyrone,

What struts are you using on this build? They don't look like the regular Revell pieces that come with the kit chassis you use for your builds. You're keeping Revell in business just with all the chassis you use! LOL

Also, I really like the way your "tin work" is coming on this build. Keep up the great work!

Edited by futurattraction

Thanks for the comments fellas, well I've got the trunk floor finished up, and the doors are hinged and hung, I also have started making a place out front for the fuel cell and fuel pump, thanks for looking and comments welcome...

008-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

012-1.jpg

014.jpg

021-1.jpg

Hey Tyrone,

What struts are you using on this build? They don't look like the regular Revell pieces that come with the kit chassis you use for your builds. You're keeping Revell in business just with all the chassis you use! LOL

Also, I really like the way your "tin work" is coming on this build. Keep up the great work!

Hey Scott the struts I use are the ones from the revell kit I just modify them by cutting the portion off with the spring and top mout on and make my own strut body from styrene rod and tubing, springs are made by wrapping wire around a piece of tubing..sorry the pic is not the best...

020-1.jpg

Edited by tyrone

Thanks for the comments fellas I appreciate it, Joe, and Brad one thing I did on this build was add the very thin piece of styrene around the doors and the body areas where I made my cuts with the hobby knife, I was very careful when cutting them out, but by adding the styrene, I was able to make sure there were no gaps, with just a little sanding. I think this made a huge difference, thanks again fellas...

thanks for the nice comments fellas, really appreciate it...

Chris I've seen your work on that 66 chevy nova, whatcha got cooking....lol...

Bart I use the wheels only from the kit wheelie bars and on the upper bars that come with the kit I use the brackets that attach to the rear end housing, but I drill new holes on the top of the housing to mount them, the bars and everything else is styrene rod. #222. here's a pic of the ones on the 69 outlaw prostreet I just finished..

004-4.jpg

005-3.jpg

Edited by tyrone

hey fellas,, with all the great builds going on here, I did a little bit to this one yesterday, I finished up the chassis and shot some titanium paint on it, I got the inner door skins finished and got a coat of primer on the body, thanks for looking and comments welcome...

087.jpg

085.jpg

070.jpg

070.jpg

076.jpg

Edited by tyrone

This looks very good so far. I like the frame work, and now when it's painted, it looks really good. Body looks very good in primer too. What kind of engine are you going to install? Blown Methanol, or huge engine with NOS? Or TwinTurbo?