Model Cars Magazine Forum

Campell three gallon compressor not compressing air.

Was just wondering if anybody else has had this problem. I opened it up. Tightened any fittings that could leak air. Theres only three. Took the pump part appart and the piston seems a little loose in its bore. I brought it into the house in hopes that condensation has frozen solid in the neck. Anybody have any ideas?

I thought of that. But the problem is not that air isnt getting from the tank to the airbrush. The problem is that the pump is not putting any air INTO the tank. I am pretty sure the piston is the problem but I cant find a place to buy a replacement.

Thanks 1930fordpuckup. Yeah..theres a black plastic o-ring on one end of the piston and a yellow one at the other and they look dry and cracked. Yeah I searched the cambell parts database for "piston" and got 2 pages of parts including piston ring kits..but still no idea what kit is meant for my model BUT..I found a few places that service cambells in my town so it should be a piece of pie to bring in the piston and have them change the o-rings.