Model Cars Magazine Forum

Time for AMT / Round @ to get going ?

• 4 years later...

Three parts found, many more to go. -_-

Casey, did you find those at Model Empire? I spotted a couple of those rims in the wheel box last Sunday.

Funny, I've never seen that interior molded in red before - I've had two whole kits and an interior that were all molded in white.

I may have a spare set of front buckets and a dash for it; let me know if you need them and I'll go look.

Casey, did you find those at Model Empire? I spotted a couple of those rims in the wheel box last Sunday.

Funny, I've never seen that interior molded in red before - I've had two whole kits and an interior that were all molded in white.

I may have a spare set of front buckets and a dash for it; let me know if you need them and I'll go look.

I may have found them there in previous years, or possibly from parts bags purchased at the Waukesha show in Decemeber...or maybe from eBay. :blink: I've had them in my wheel parts bin for a while, then stumbled across an article (here: http://kustomkingdom.blogspot.com/2014/10/32-ford-sedan-amt-trophy-series.html  ) about the Sedan and the dimly lit light bulb grew a bit brighter. :D I did buy the box at ME last Sunday, as I enjoy the artwork more than what's inside.

I won't ever seriously build the Sedan, but another member is looking for the seats if you care to part with yours: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/127059-amt-32-ford-sedan-front-seats/

Edited by Casey

I've never seen the custom version molded in white, but I have seen light blue, red and yellow. I think there's only been two releases of the custom Tudor, one as the double kit, and once by itself. So, when it came to plastic color I guess AMT used whatever it felt like on that day :P

BTW, for anyone interested in doing the "Little Deuce Coupe" cover car, there was a pretty decent resin body offered of that car, same caster did a conversion to the A-Bros Adonis 60 Ford. The simulated padding on the roof insert of the Deuce body looked a little thick, but otherwise it seemed like a nice body. Anyone have one to share a pic?

Not that I was a fan of this car , I actually had it back in the day . AMT has NEVER Re issued the XR- 6 for what ever reason :

AMT 1927 Ford T & XR-6 box.jpg

1963-Tex-Smith-XR6.jpg

Tex Smith's XR- 6 roadster rear.jpg

I had the kit when it was current but lost it & 99% of my models in a move in the '70's.:(

I bought one a few years back on Ebay as I have become a fan of the slant 6. It was a complete kit but has a tire burn on the windshield.  :( 

Edited by #1 model citizen

...It was a complete kit but has a tire burn on the windshield.  :( 

Cruising eBay recently, I saw a seller with a bunch of vintage AMT kits, dating back to the early 60s.  From an estate sale, and the listing said "I know nothing about models." No kidding.  In almost every photo, the tires were lying right on white plastic.  I messaged the seller, warned them about "tire burn" and suggested they put the tires in a small Ziploc bag.  Seller responded and thanked me for the warning.  Said "I saw that tire burn on some parts, but thought it was just from old age."

Grrrr.  I really try not to hate people who find great model stashes and know nothing about models. But it is HARD... 

I've never seen the custom version molded in white, but I have seen light blue, red and yellow. I think there's only been two releases of the custom Tudor, one as the double kit, and once by itself. So, when it came to plastic color I guess AMT used whatever it felt like on that day :P

Craig,,,,,there were at least four colors, including the ones you listed.  I don't recall at the moment what the added fourth color was...may have been white (or black) but I cannot state from memory for sure....

The '32 Custom Tudor was never issued as a stand-alone kit.  However, the body itself was combined with the '32 Phaeton/Vicky tool parts for a one-time only 1975 "Street Rod Series" kit....but other than the body, no other parts from the original '32 Custom version of the '32/'40 Willys kit carried over...

Hope that helps....TIM

Grrrr.  I really try not to hate people who find great model stashes and know nothing about models. But it is HARD... 

If they don't know anything about them, then why is it that's all you see when you check their prior sales half of the time? 

Or, you get that "I didn't check this, so I don't know if it's complete or not".  The only ones that turn out to be incomplete are the ones they didn't check. 

It's a Festivus miracle!

I remember talking my mom into buying the Wild Dream / Tognotti's T double kit for me in Woolworth's (remember them? Our's had a vast model section) in1963.  I don't know how I pulled that off.  I was usually denied.  My wife opines that is why I have such a huge collection of kits today.  Loved that kit, though!

PB.

The '32 Custom Tudor was never issued as a stand-alone kit.  However, the body itself was combined with the '32 Phaeton/Vicky tool parts for a one-time only 1975 "Street Rod Series" kit....but other than the body, no other parts from the original '32 Custom version of the '32/'40 Willys kit carried over...

Does the Vicky interior tub(?) fir inside the '32 Sedan body shell without any issues? That seems like an odd decision to include the bod shell and "glass" from the Sedan, with the balance of the Vicky's parts, but maybe they were designed that way from the start?

Here's a better look at the kit Tim mentioned:

s-l1600%2041.jpg

38d36d45-7d9c-4702-abf6-90880ff61141.jpg

s-l1600%2045.jpg

s-l1600%2046.jpg

s-l1600%2045.jpg

Edited by Casey

Actually, it's the Phaeton kit interior that is closest to the interior in the 1975 Street Rod Series release.  I've never built this kit (my example is still in the clear bag inside the box), so I can't say if it is exactly the same as the Phaeton kit piece.  The Vicky interior is too short (lengthwise) to fit the Tudor body.  TIM