Model Cars Magazine Forum

2015 Chevelle Concept now Under Glass

customsrus

• 3 weeks later...

Ok everyone, got a little update for you. Got the chassis 99% finished, still have a bit of plumbing to do. Car will be Hugger orange with white stripes, so I painted the chassis to match. Painted the front of the chassis black, I used a few different metalizer paints on portions of the front and rear suspensions.I also used some carbon fiber decals on the tanks. I made the front steering posable with some brass rod. Added brake lines front and rear. So on with the pictures. Next up the interior. Do you guys think I should paint the interior the bland grays of today cars or should with go with something to match the orange?

IMG_1476-vi.jpgIMG_1478-vi.jpg

IMG_1480-vi.jpgIMG_1486-vi.jpg

Edited by customsrus

• 2 weeks later...

Interior is finished. I decided to go with light and medium tans with some carbon fiber thrown into the mix, also added some orange accents to the door panels and dash. Colors are Krylon Almond (light tan) and Khaki. I then painted everything with Krylon satin gloss.Made some seat belts out of ribbon and used photo-etch buckles. I also used flocking for carpet.

IMG_1501-vi.jpgIMG_1510-vi.jpg

IMG_1511-vi.jpgIMG_1512-vi.jpg

Oh no I not finished yet. Also got some color on this build. Color is Testors Hugger Orange. I still need to put the stripes on. I will then clear coat, sand and polish this, I am hoping to get this finished in time for Heartland. Wish me luck. Thanks.

IMG_1502-vi.jpgIMG_1503-vi.jpg

IMG_1508-vi.jpgIMG_1505-vi.jpg

You got my attention! that is one sharp looking Cavelle or Chamero whichever! It is looking awesome, but the only thing I think I would have put the Camero headlights in it and used a different grill that does not say Chevelle? otherwise keep it going....

Art

Edited by goodguyinar416