Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Chevy Colour Help

Good Day all.

I've been lurking on this forum for a while and it's been great. I'm somewhat new to cars so I've been learning lots. However lurking only goes so far and now I need some specific help.

A group of us (there's 9) are all building Revell's '57 Chevy Black Widdow/150 Sedan. It looks like we're all doing different finishes but we all need paint. I've found a colour chart on-line (http://www.classicdr...selections.html), now we just need the paints.

Is there a reference chart for either buying or mixing these colours using model paints, both enamel and acrylic.

Thanks.

Massimo

• 4 weeks later...

I'll tell you your best bet would be to go to a local Automotive paint supplier and ask them what color mix they use and then replicate it. Onyx Black is a standard non-metallic non pearl Black and the White is Arctic White which is a very bright pure white, no metallic or pearl. The colors look the same with different names because the manufacturers have to use flashy names to sell the car.