Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gary Weckessers Mach 1V Mustang

John Teresi

I probably do not have to tell you this, but the Mustang has a completely different engine set up than the ivo dragster. While i think that the speed city kit is the next best thing to running water, and understand that it would have taken a lot more modification, the engines are back to back and turn a gear cluster that turns a torque tube, then turns (as someone put it)a overly used clutch to turn front and back wheels. Note the gear cluster between front and back engines.

This is not a critisism of the Speed City kit, the way that he has done the ford engines is genius. I have one on my wish list when I finish my two top gas dragsters and duster fuel coupe. The speed city site had a pictures of the kit as it was being designed and as i said it was the next best thing to running water.

tb

With your building skills this will be awesome, when finished! It's very interesting subject too, I like it. I was looking that body few days ago, and it would be nice to get, but it's too expensive for now. Good luck with your project.

What is the quality of the Whoopee Kat decals? I got a set of Custom Body Mini Charger decals a year or so back, and the graphic quality was not good. It looked like he did not use a vector software program for the graphics, so all curved edges were jagged, as if they had been done using Powerpoint or something instead of a program like Corel Draw. Chris

What is the quality of the Whoopee Kat decals? I got a set of Custom Body Mini Charger decals a year or so back, and the graphic quality was not good. It looked like he did not use a vector software program for the graphics, so all curved edges were jagged, as if they had been done using Powerpoint or something instead of a program like Corel Draw. Chris

Chris.....Whoopie Kat decals are weak in graphic and color.......I don`t know what program they use.......they do have a new owner.....and he is sending my decals for this build......I don`t know if the quality will be better or not.......I have airbrushed and hand painted over some of the decals they have sent me in the past......to make them more vibrant......I am expecting to get low quality decals again......so I`ll be ready to airbrush over them......thank`s

Boy, this is a tall order! I know looking at pics in the past, the rear of the frame more closly represents that of a standard FED. But I have never been able to see a front frame shot. So at any rate, the chassis work will be the tall order for you. How was the casting on the body? I will enjoy watching this one.

Boy, this is a tall order! I know looking at pics in the past, the rear of the frame more closly represents that of a standard FED. But I have never been able to see a front frame shot. So at any rate, the chassis work will be the tall order for you. How was the casting on the body? I will enjoy watching this one.

Jody.......I am making some major changes on the chassis and engines.......the resin castings are fantastic....."Speed City"......I think is one of the best........thank`s.

Hello.....I got some of the mock-up done.......modified the chassis,engines and axles......opened up the front clip hood.......scratch built engine gear plates and bell housing plates.......opened up holes in the exuast pipes.......I will post more progress photo`s soon .......thank`s for looking.

DSCF6403-1.jpg

DSCF6405.jpg

DSCF6655.jpg

DSCF6654.jpg

DSCF6641.jpg

DSCF6649.jpg

DSCF6638.jpg

DSCF6647.jpg

DSCF6638.jpg

DSCF6636.jpg