Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Star and 53 ft Great Dane reefer

I can't wait for these either! I second what Ben said, 2 hole budds on the trailer and air ride!

The prostar I hope isnt a sleeper cab, if it must be then the back cab panel could be seperate so a day cab panel can be easily inserted.

Future release? Would love to see a mack granate, and I no im not alone with that :)

dave..i hope you see all of these comments..because we really need a lot of new truck stuff...for engines we need ..c-15 cat,isx cummins,,dd-15,and a new paccar......for trucks..all of the trucks you can do...trailers all ...please add chrome opptions for tanks,reefers,dumps,,and so on.....wheels get crazy do all.... .thank you Dave,.and moebius models for the time...

The possibilities! :)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! *wringing hands together and chortling in best 'mad scientist' impersonation*

My wallet just walked into the room, threw its little hands up in the air and said, "That's it! I quit! You use me and use me until theres nothing left but a big empty space inside me... I'm outta here!!!"

Dave, the last time I was this excited about a new kit was when you announced the Lonestar... Between Moebius' new kits and Round2's numerous heavy commercial reissues, it is a wonderful time to be a truck modeler!

I'll start saving now... I'll need a Pro-Star and at LEAST half a dozen of the reefer kits... It's a good thing Dad and I are adding a shop addition onto the garage this spring... Chunky Boy, here, (me) is gonna need the room! If I were physically able to do so, I'd dance a jig right here and now!

A Prostar! Yes, yes yes YES! The Lonestar is pretty nice and bold but the Prostar is great, love the smooth styling. With a 53 foot reefer, My heart flutters... Now the waiting, sooooo excited...

Let's see now, we probably will get the Prostar around May next year like we got the Lonestar this year, unless some of the engineering is going to come off the Lonestar, so it might take a bit less. Then we wait for that trailer!

Now something has to be said of Navistar. At the very least they are aware that this is a form of advertising. Having them cooperate with Moebius to engineer models of their trucks is really nice.

Just as they did with Ertl in the '70s. This is kinda neat they do it again with Moebius. Anyhow this is great news!

Kind of looking to the future here, but since Moebius has a licensing agreement with Navistar I wonder if the PayStar, WorkStar, or 9900-series would be in the cards.

Yes, a new Kenworth or Peterbilt would be nice (I'm a Kenworth fan, myself), but just thinking licensing here. If they already have one with Navistar, wouldn't it be easier to make more Internationals then negotiate a new contract with PACCAR, Volvo, or Freightliner?

Kind of looking to the future here, but since Moebius has a licensing agreement with Navistar I wonder if the PayStar, WorkStar, or 9900-series would be in the cards.

Yes, a new Kenworth or Peterbilt would be nice (I'm a Kenworth fan, myself), but just thinking licensing here. If they already have one with Navistar, wouldn't it be easier to make more Internationals then negotiate a new contract with PACCAR, Volvo, or Freightliner?

Very true! I'd love to see a workstar as a replacement of the mack granite I always wanted.

I have a feeling that the prostar is gonna be a large sleeper version like the lonestar, considering they got the sleeper already tooled up, which would be a bummer for me..but overall a good thing for the truck community in general

as we get a new rig. But im not sure I will buy one, the trailer heck yes!..prostar..maybe, maybe not.

Not to steal this thread but to add to the good news Model car Garage will be doing a photo etched set for the Lonestar. I personally delivered to him the kit and Model Car Garage and I will be working together to get some more truck photoetch out on the market next year. These are good times.

We could use:

Placard-Holders-DOTH3-ba.jpg

Photo etch Placard Frames

Photo etch Lonestar and Prostar scripts, correct photo etch hood mirrors and brackets, authentic photo etch International muffler guards, accurate resin GPS dome, accurate 5 hole disc wheels for that "fleet" look, Current Thermo King and Carrier Transcold reefer compressors.

Get Microscale to offer modern 1/25th, 1/24th scale truck and trailer graphics...

I could go on!

WOW!!! Great news.I can't wait to get some to build and have for kit bashing.I don'y like calling it kit bashing,but its what it called.I to have my wants.I hope the truck has the ability to be a day cab.but I;ll be happy with anything they are putting out.Thank you Dave and Moebius for getting us some new trucks and trailer to build.keep doing it.Thanks,Chris

WOW!!! Great news.I can't wait to get some to build and have for kit bashing.I don'y like calling it kit bashing,but its what it called.I to have my wants.I hope the truck has the ability to be a day cab.but I;ll be happy with anything they are putting out.Thank you Dave and Moebius for getting us some new trucks and trailer to build.keep doing it.Thanks,Chris

Hey don't worry about the day cab thing user "Cargostar" has that covered!

I have to say it is just great that we truck modelers are finally being heard in our requests for new subjects! I remember someone, I believe it was Chucky, posting a thread a while ago suggesting these particular subjects, and now we will have them!

Now maybe I can look forward to some Freightliners in the future, say a Coronado and Classic XL!?!? ;)

I have to say it is just great that we truck modelers are finally being heard in our requests for new subjects! I remember someone, I believe it was Chucky, posting a thread a while ago suggesting these particular subjects, and now we will have them!

Now maybe I can look forward to some Freightliners in the future, say a Coronado and Classic XL!?!? ;)

I think it is mostly likely that Italeri will offer a Cascadia or some sort of Freightliner. Thery have a license from Diamler Benz.