Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jo-Han Desoto Adventurer Hardtop

GeeBee

Was just the body and glass broken in the fall? In any case, I'll keep my eyes open for '60 DeSoto stuff next time I'm at the shop.

I feel for you- I had a '66 Olds 442 suffer the exact same fate last year. Much easier to find kit than the DeSoto, but the fact I had it almost done made it really suck. Still, I feel worse about seeing it happen to a kit like this than a boring old reissued kit one can find anywhere. :(

disaster2-vi.jpg

This was over 10 years ago, but I had the shelves over my workbench give way while we were away for the weekend. I came home to this mess. As bad as it looks, no models got destroyed. My chair got flattened though!

Here's some irony. We were going away for the weekend and had to put the dog in the kennel. We drove there and they had a sign on the door that they left and would be back at 3pm. This was noon, so we went home to kill some time. The model I'm using as my avatar was sitting on my bench needing a very minor repair. So having time to kill, I fixed it and put it back in the case. IF the kennel had been open, that model would have been toast!