Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge Dart trunk lid for LA dart or Hemi hunter kits?

Hi,

Can someone point me in the right direction. I am looking for a trunk lid to suit the Dodge dart petty sportsman kit, or wheelstander kits, either la dart or hemihunter kit. I have read that some resin casters made a replacement trunk lid or once did. Any info would be great as I would like to purchase one.

I remember seeing on ebay a dart trunk lid to suit the petty sportsman kit with the wing on the back of the lid. That would be perfect as I am planning on building a petty dart with it anyway. Only I cant find it or any listing of it on ebay anymore.

Thanks

Greg

Edited by mopardevil

Find an old MPC Ranchargers Dart funnycar body/builder. Take the Hemi Hunter/LA Dart kit and make a stock 1970 -71 Dart Swinger .

Thats what this is. But I was never real happy with the paint finish , and then once it got a crack in the base of the A-pillar,, I shelved it and it's sat ever since.

Maybe someday.

Bill, Mikes Scale Motors sells Scale Coachworks 70 Dodge swinger. It's a VERY nice kit(so nice I bought two!) and Kenny, Over at Bandit Resins has a 71 Plymouth Scamp, which is also a nice kit! (I have it also) both need the 68/69 Dart kits to finish them, but they are both very nice kits. Check them out.

I'd like to see Revell-Monogram produce a stock 1970 Swinger ( with Slant Six , 340 and big block / Hemi options , TorqueFlite or 4 speed options , and 8.75" and Dana 60 diff options , plus Rallye and stock dash / gauges , please ! ) .

The L.A. Dart has a non-stock grille ( truly , only missing the parking / turn signal lamps ) and is missing the bumper . Then there's the lack of vent window frames , the modified rear wheel openings , and lack of side marker lamps .

If R-M was to make a '70 Dart Swinger , it would be easier to build a Modified Production , Hemi-powered "1970" Dart with their '68 Hemi as its basis ( enough of the 1:1 '68 Hemi Darts were updated cosmetics-wise to look like '69 - '72 models ) .

Thanks for the replies. All good info. Yes I am planning on building a petty dart with the dart. So yes I would prefer a resin trunk lid from the petty dart kit with the wing on the back. But at this stage Ill take anything. Im hoping Kevin can recast his, otherwise if anyone has a lid with or without the wing Ill take it!

I have found a few pics of Pettys dart that looks more like a 1974-75 Dart swinger by looking at the front quarter panel & grill so Im planning on hacking a few kits together to make it work.

Bill, thanks for the dart pics & info. Your red dart looks great, you should get it finished!!!! The rear quarters look great!

Bill, thanks for the dart pics & info. Your red dart looks great, you should get it finished!!!! The rear quarters look great!

Maybe someday I'll get back to it. I was never happy with the paint then I noticed there was no trim around around the ft + rear glass openings and the final nail in it my body worked cracked at the base of the pass side of the cowl ,, I got disgusted with it and put it away.

On top of , I rarely do replica stock stuff anymore so the project is way back on a back burner