Model Cars Magazine Forum

USA-1 CORVETTE LSR TEAM! WIP Photos! Finished Now!

Ira

VETTE ATTEMP'S UNDERBODY...

I first filled the 2 areas near the front wheel wells with sheet plastic. Then I cut out a piece of sheet plastic for the Underbody and carved on it untill it fit Nice & Tight.

DSCN9580V.jpg

I decided to cut off the raked end of the Underbody ans attach it directly to the back of the body.

DSCN9584V.jpg

I cut 3 little Tabs from strip plastic and glued them in place to hold the Underbody in Flat for gluing.

DSCN9592V.jpg

Here is what the Underbody looks like in position...

DSCN9579V.jpg

Edited by Ira

If I was doing this build I would have left the Corvette Indy front end on the car, but if I were doing this build it would probably look like a blind 4 year old with tourettes was building it. Carry on

Thanks Alan!

This is the second time I built a Corvette Indy and I changed the front end on that one too...

TRANSPORTER...THE UNDERSIDE!!!

I am using the Vette Indy Chassis up front and Sheet Plastic for the rear Underbody. I cut the front off the Vette Indy Chassis and molded it into the front end. Then I added a piece of sheet plastic to the front end to attach the Chassis to.

DSCN9532V.jpg

Edited by Ira

UNDERBODIES!!!

I measured the Rear Area and cut out sheet plastic to fit. The Vette Indy Chassis is a little short so I will have to fill in the back of the Front Area a little bit. I cut the back of the Indy Chassis off Flat.

DSCN9549V.jpg

I cut a piece of plastic to fill the Front Area and glued it in place. I also added 2 strips of plastic under this piece so I can glue the Chassis to them.

DSCN9559V.jpg

Then I cut out a piece of plastic to fit under the front of the Rear Underbody. I glued it in place here as shown....

DSCN9556V.jpg

More Coming... B)

TRANSPORTER UNDERBODIES...

I positioned the Rear Underbody and marked inside the body to show the Underbodies height. Then I glued square strips of plastic on the in sides and a piece of rectangular plastic in the rear.

DSCN9568V.jpg

Here are both Underbodies in place!

DSCN9564V.jpg

B)