Model Cars Magazine Forum

'29 Ford "lakes modified"

wayne swayze

Another view of my "lakes modified" on the workbench. Spending time on the small parts, then eventually into paint. Thanks to everyone for your warm welcome to the forum. When I get the hang of the technology, I'll post more photos of my projects. Thanks for your patience.post-14132-0-70328000-1404355980_thumb.j

Edited by wayne swayze

Thank you all for your positive responces. I'm really happy to know you like my work. The Offy engine was built 23 years ago, when I was deep into building. It's probably my most ambitious piece. I learned a long time ago, not to throw away any model related parts, as I might want them sometime in the future. The Halibrand rear end is such a piece. I had a feeling that this project would be special, and your replies have proven me right. I can't thank you enough!

Hello again. This photo shows the frame with engine, driveshaft and Halibrand q.c. The driveshaft needs to be shortened allowing me to install the rear spring (not shown). The '37 phantom cab-over is a project from the same era as the Offy. Thought I'd dig it out and think about details and paint. Thanks for looking.post-14132-0-37997400-1404418834_thumb.jpost-14132-0-37997400-1404418834_thumb.j

Ever have one of THOSE days? While mocking up the drivetrain to measure the driveshaft length, I heard a little "snap". Turns out it was the front engine mount, and it had to be remade. End of the drama. Also made spring shackles for the rear axle/springs, which I had to add 3 more leafs to get the proper ride height. All in all, a good day at the bench.

Ever have one of THOSE days? While mocking up the drivetrain to measure the driveshaft length, I heard a little "snap". Turns out it was the front engine mount, and it had to be remade. End of the drama. Also made spring shackles for the rear axle/springs, which I had to add 3 more leafs to get the proper ride height. All in all, a good day at the bench.

I walk away and come back later. Always goes smoother. Hang in there...

It rained today, so I spent quality time at the bench. I beefed up the front engine mount with bracing and gussets, shortened the driveshaft, and had to slightly tweek the tail of the tranny, but now the drivetrain falls beautifully in place. Thanks for your encouraging words.

Today, I placed the guage decals into the dash panel from the Revell '32 Ford. I've opened the dash from the model A to fit the new panel. The dasboard has been painted, and earlier today I foiled the chopped windshield frame. Also added a horn to the NEW front engine support. This model is such a blast to build! This is what model building is supposed to be.....FUN!!

post-14132-0-16791100-1405210433_thumb.j

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your imput fellas. Unfortunately, I've been hospitalized for several weeks and am very slowly trying to get back to just getting by. I haven't been in the shop since I got home. But great to see some of your work in my absence! Just thought I'd have a quick peek in to see if the model finishing "little people" had finished the modified....haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Bob! Been in very low condition rececntly, but try to peek in periodically to pick up my spirits. Love seeing what you fellas are building and a few new re-releases , which gets me a bit more motivated to be able to getting better. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.