Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ebbro/Tamiya Citroen 2CV Fourgonnette

Neat little van; I wonder if any ever got imported to the U.S.?

Charlie I don't think they ever sold them in the US, but there are enough of them here! There was a company in South Jersey that was importing CVs the last time I looked at eBay Motors.

I've just bought one of these kits. We have hundreds of 2cv's here in the UK, someone nearby has put a 1600cc beetle engine in the front, but he's also uprated the brakes thank god!

Also a near neighbour who owns Racelogic(the inventors and suppliers of electronic paddle shifting for race and sportscars) races one of these on a regular basis and recently came close the winning their own version of the Le Mans 24 hours but for 2cv's....

2cv_racing_snetterton_zps0dbbb777.jpg

I hope to start my 2cv van soon, but am tied up building Manx & Bugle beach buggies at present ( Under Glass - Manx 4X4)

Edited by PatW

We have hundreds of 2cv's here in the UK,

Ah the quandary! Cars in Europe and Australia that nobody gives a hoot about there, but I'd love to have one in the USA! I'd love to have a CV, an old Mini or an Aussie Valiant for fun. Rare here in US, and would be costly to ship here!

I was in Argentina in 2012 and I saw these little vehicles EVERYWHERE! I've spent the last half an hour going through my photos and I can't believe I don't have one. Apparently, the Argentine small business owners love them though.

I was in Argentina in 2012 and I saw these little vehicles EVERYWHERE! I've spent the last half an hour going through my photos and I can't believe I don't have one. Apparently, the Argentine small business owners love them though.

They were built there from 1960 until 1980' they had what they badged as a 3CV, which unlike 2CV,s built elsewhere, had a hatchback design

post-2058-0-24087900-1401185553_thumb.jp

Edited by GeeBee

They were built there from 1960 until 1980' they had what they badged as a 3CV, which unlike 2CV,s built elsewhere, had a hatchback design

attachicon.gif794px-Citroen_3CV_-_Atras.jpg

You know... I think you're right now that I remember....

But also, there were dozens of the Fourgonnettes too. The one photo that I was searching for was of a Fourgonnette.

Edited by DavidG

attachicon.gif794px-Citroen_3CV_-_Atras.jpg

Cool. I'd like one with the hatchback please! Ever wonder why we don't see South American car imports here in the US? Figure it's not that far a trip.... lots of interesting variations of American cars. I'm wondering if there are import or export issues?

Also- check for the current episodes of Wheeler Dealers. I watched the episode on a 1958 2CV resto last night! Really odd but ingenious braking and suspension system. That's what I like about that show, you see the car in great detail!

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to know where to get it for 25$ shipped...that's the kind of price I have been waiting for.

jb

Try this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141317298576?_trksid=p2059216.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I've already bought two from this guy and he keeps listing more of them. So check him out as a source. In the auction above, I'm the only other bidder and I'd bid higher if I didn't already have several of these things now.

I just bid on it.

Good luck, Gregg. I'm already out of the running so you won't have to worry about me trying to snipe at the last second. And both times I won there was nobody out there trying to outbid me.

ok thanks im going to let you guys fight it out over this one, maybe I can catch it on the next go round and not have a bidding war! :D

jb

And keep checking out this seller. He seems literally to list a new one as soon as the previous auction ends. And lately he's offered free shipping; I paid $6.99 shipping but the total price was $24 for the first one and just $28 for the second.

I got it. Thanks for not bidding me up guys. LOL :P Just under 29 bux.

Congratulations, Gregg. You will definitely be happy with the kit. And you must have experienced the same thing as I: Just waiting for someone to outbid you at the last second but being surprised and elated at winning at such a reasonable price. Keep an eye on that seller because he has some good stuff.