Model Cars Magazine Forum

'83 GMC G20 Vandura (sad message from Model Brain)

• 3 months later...

So... With a deep sadly message on my facebook wall I got up this morning, Jon Jacobus or know here as Model Brain is no longer with us... :(

I could actually start earlier on this project due to missing money, but right now, I can start on it, They paid me a few days earlier.

Jon, I hope you'll sit next too me while I build your Van! :( 

You where a great person. 

Yup indeed.. :( He will be missed.

I choosed to use the other body, not the one Model Brain cut windows in, I will save that one for later.

Sanded the moldlines and filled in the 4 holes for rooflights.

Went by to the local hobbystore, I wanted to order a complete new '77 Chevy Van kit & a few other kits for parts, but they couldn't order one because they can only order Revell DE.. :(

Figuring that problem out right now.. 

Did some work, decided to use the untouched body, so I needed to get rid of all the moldlines, started sanding and puttying the holes for the spotlights.

I did 2 holes earlier on, but one wasn't filled enough so you could still see a hole, refilled it along with the remaining two.

Do you guys maybe have tips on scratchbuilding windows, scratchbuilding mirror and other tiny things?

Also on how to apply bare metal foil for chrome? :)

Thanks for looking!!