Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old build need a restoration... Harley with a twist... DONE!

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some progress... I'm hoping to finish it for Wednesday... I'm hoping... ;D Because I'm in to a community building in another forum and it end on Wednesday... :)

Here what I did, I also shoot some primer on the frame, but I don't have pics...

15vir.jpg

Twin tank on place... :)

20vi.jpg

Part of the new transmission...

13vif.jpg

Transmission completed, and ready to be painted.

14vi.jpg

I also start to make the wheels, but I don't have download the pics.

Side car ...was that a surprise !

Steam powered lowering kit?

more please... :D

Yep sidecar, so there is also a seat for a girl... B):lol:

No no nothing steam this time... The engine is the one on the kit, the 1340 Evo, that I rotated 90 degrees, built a new trans adapter, etc. The reason I want to finish it today, is because of a "Community Build" on another board, and the theme is "reversed Engines", so I build it with the Carburetor where the exhaust goes, and the exhaust where the carburetor was...

Tomorrow I will post more pics. :)

I just finish it... :) Soon I will post more pics.

img6797t.jpg

Wow ! after seeing the parts as you were building this,the end result was not what I expected.

You have some great imagineering skills and this build is very unique and super cool.

Top job, more pics please

Finally I toke some pics of the Harley... A lot of fun building this. :) Plus now I still have all the old parts, because from the building that I was supposed to restore I still have all the parts except engine, headlight... :D

Here the pics...

43virl.jpg

44vi.jpg

33vil.jpg

WOW! Just wow. I literally just picked my jaw up off the ground. So much detail, love the way you ran the exhaust, and nice surprise with the side car. I actually think that's one of my favorite parts of this build, just brought everything together nicely. I agree with Luke, the end result was not expected, but it exceeded much more then what I or a lot of us could of ever imagined. Excellent craftsmanship, my hats off to you sir