Model Cars Magazine Forum

Saw these photos of a Ford truck and matching trailer and said I have to build that, so bought this "glue" bomb at a swap meet, (Sorry but did not take a before photo) stripped it down and started chopping the top and getting it down on the ground. The old AMT NASCAR kits are a good source for front and rear end parts.

The trailer will be mostly scratch built with the old "Tilt" trailer that came in the old Chevy Caprice kit, as the base, and with sheet plastic for the body....stay tuned.

zzvi-vi.jpg?1302715041

zzzvi-vi.jpg?1302715042

IMG_1798-vi.jpg

IMG_1797-vi.jpg?1302715200

IMG_1795-vi.jpg

IMG_1802-vi.jpg

IMG_1794-vi.jpg

IMG_1799-vi.jpg

Edited by Lanny Haas

Great! That Pickup with trailer is Finnish build, and it sure looks good. I have some pictures of it, if you need. That has been in Finnish Hot Hor Magazine called "V8 Magazine". Looks good start, I'll be watching this one surely! :mellow:

Boy do I like this. To bad you can't make molds of the trailer parts and make resin copies. Those huge headlights were Fords' and Detroit's attempt to help farmers and drivers see on those dark farm roads before dual headlights came in in '58. I always liked the old large single lights on those fat fendered trucks and cars. Gave them a "face". I will be watching this build. Patrick M

The wood is a thin veneer, for counter tops and edge trim. Home Depot has it. the strips are a brass square tub, that I cut in half, to make a c channe. only thing I could find. its all glued to a sheet plastic the size of the bed. My first try at this, and a lot of work fitting it all together.

IMG_1802-vi.jpg

Nice, Lanny! Great project.

You going to have it done for DSC the day-after-tomorrow? LOL.

Keep 'em coming.

:(

PS: You should post the '51 Chevy you took 2nd with at the club last night ... it's sweet! The guys here would love it. See you Saturday.

The wood is a thin veneer, for counter tops and edge trim. Home Depot has it. the strips are a brass square tub, that I cut in half, to make a c channe. only thing I could find. its all glued to a sheet plastic the size of the bed. My first try at this, and a lot of work fitting it all together.

IMG_1802-vi.jpg

Thanks. Looks good. Well worth the effort. I'll have to see if I can locate some of that to use for some truck builds.

I have a question for you. I always wonder where those green cutting mats come from. I see them on several posts under the builds and they look like something that works for building and cutting plastic on. Thank you. Patrick M

You can get them at any hobby store like Hobby Lobby or Hobby Town USA or just about anywhere on the net that sells model supplies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

starting on this again. was sideline buy other projects, but now time to finish, at least the truck

IMG_1796-vi.jpg?1314117911

the more I look at this bed the more I didnt like it, It was wood and brass strips glued to a peice of sheet plastic,

so I had a better idea.

MVC004S-vi.jpg

smaller brass strips and1/23" wood. this is a rough fit, will polish the brass and finish the wood.

MVC002S-vi.jpg

using brass square tubing for cross rails and even smaller ones for the bed rails