Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '62 Corvette Roadster 2'n1

Dr. Cranky

Just like with the Olds kit, if it doesn't come with a hard or uptop ,I won't be buying it. Even though they later released it with an uptop, by that time, I had completely lost interest and still haven't bought one. I hope they don't pull the same stunt with this kit.

revell62Corvette.jpg

Just an observation:

If the glass for the hardtop pictured there is indeed lifted from the '59----- it won't be correct. In the 1:1 world, the "glass" (actually Plexiglas) was interchangeable for the '56-'60 hardtops, but due to the flatter convertible top lid of the '61-'62, the rear quarter glass and backlite had to be changed as well. Plans are still being finalized so I hope there's a hardtop or soft top. If not, that won't stop me from buying one-----I'll just find a junker hardtop out of the old AMT kit. :P

Why all the hate guys? You don't like this style Vette? It just seems to be a natural progression of the kit. Unless it IS all NEW tooling, as was mentioned. But It'sa nice lookin car so, how come so many folks think it's not a good or interesting kit? I'll buy one or two. I have the die-cast version and it's a nice kit. The roof THAT important? Just askin...... :)

to some, yes.

even to build the Paris Fish street machine posted above will require that hardtop.

There are some images of it with the hardtop off, so if the kit ultimately ends up lacking it, no sweat off my back. And if it does end up having a hardtop (or convertible uptop), it'll probably end up in the spares pile as trade fodder.

The roof THAT important? Just askin...... :)

Yeah George, the roof is THAT important. In this day and age,there is no excuse for any convertible or roadster kit to come without a top. The '59 came with a top,so why should this kit NOT come with a top?? :wacko: I really like this year Corvette and will buy at least three of them. BUT, only if it has a top. No top, NO sale!

I'm going to assume from the word "Roadster" and not "Convertible", that there are no plans a hard nor soft top for this kit. To me, roadster implies no top at all.

Corvette convertibles are generally referred to as roadsters although only the 53 to 55 models were true roadsters. True roadsters can have a top, but no roll up side windows, and use side curtains,

Corvette convertibles are generally referred to as roadsters although only the 53 to 55 models were true roadsters. True roadsters can have a top, but no roll up side windows, and use side curtains,

Yes, and IIRC, the first Vipers ('93-'95?) were considered roadsters due to them having side curtains and not roll up windows until the later ones.

Personally, I think all convert. body styles should include the uptop. That way the company can ensure they make a few more sales for what is probably not much money out of their pocket for the extra plastic. Some uptops add an extra bit of character.

Who knows, maybe they'll pop a 61 vette with a roof if they don't do it with this one. I know I bought both the 58 and 59, and they are basically the same car/kit. I'll get this one, the roof doesn't make any difference to me. It's a NICE lookin car with or without a roof to me. :);)

I just picked up 'The Corvette Black Book' , no mention of color listed for Hardtop colors are listed . The soft tops wewe either black ; 4,727 & white ; 6,625 . Thanx ..

Every '62 Corvette I've ever seen (as a kid in the '60's and currently) had body colored hardtops. As I mentioned in a previous post, Chevrolet was getting away from two-toning come '62, as you could no longer get the two toning in the cove area. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a stock '56-'60 'Vette's hardtop any other color but body color. ;)