Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '57 Ford Custom 2'n1

I just received a call from our local HL that the two kits I ordered are in, so I can pick them up, hopefully tonight! You guys who have HLs close by, you might want to check/call and see if they have them in stock yet. The girl who called me said she'd ordered my two plus two more which were supposed to go out on the shelf. Here's hoping they're on the shelves at your local HLs soon...

One finally showed up here, so I grabbed it, probably against my better judgement this week, but whatever!

Looks like another very good effort. The molding of the gas tank and spare tire well separately suggests to me that a Ranchero, wagon or Courier may in fact be in the future.

Charlie Larkin

So Al, the underside of the car is body color, and the frame is black?

G

That's very thoroughly (and very nicely) restored. If Ford was like GM, it would probably be primer (oxide red) with overspray, although I can imagine a zealous painter painting the entire floor.

Most cars shipped to the midwest, coastal regions and the northeast were undercoated at the factory. That car in the picture could have a rubberized or some other super-duty material beneath the paint. Even if just kept for nice weather, I wouldn't want to drive that too much around here without some kind of extra protection.

Charlie Larkin

Dan, when will the NPP have the kits?, I know I had him put me down for one (shocking , I know), I am asking as I never seem to have cash on me when I need it :lol:

He has them now, came in after the Moonlight Modelers Christmas Banquet (8th) but before the Cactus Car Modelers meeting (12th). He has several but they are going fast. If he had you down for one, he'll hold it for you.

I picked up mine (Wed) and it's a goody! Can't wait for the police version!!! It should be a classic. Hadn't planned to get a lot of them, but may have to change that. I'm thinking ... KS (KHP) ~ CO (CSP) ~ AZ (HP) ~ Barton County (KS) Sheriff ~ plus chassis/engine for a couple of '59 Fords for Chicago PD and Sedgwick County (KS) Sheriff.

B)

B)

Thanks for the suggestions, I havent had to get a replacement part in a long time, wasnt sure they still did that. Ive Straightened frames before with a twist, and that issue is probably repairable but this one is diamonded, Has anyone tried a microwave to heat a warped part?

post-7796-0-12373900-1355744530_thumb.jp

post-7796-0-18259200-1355744540_thumb.jp

post-7796-0-37081800-1355744547_thumb.jp

Hmm me think that wasn't cooled entirely prior to getting ejected out of the mold. The easiest thing (unless your LHS is over hill and dale) is take it back to your place of purchase and get a replacement. Any reputable shop will have a way to deal with Great Plains in regards to getting a refund (aka replacement kit) for their inventory and supply you with a kit with something less appearing to have been rear ended by a cement truck.

You're looking at 2-4 weeks (my last replacement part was almost 2 weeks to the day I requested it) for them to get a new frame out to you, presuming they don't want you to crate that one up on your own dime and send it to them so they can examine it.