Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelhaus tires for the '50 Olds

The other day somebody mentioned on here that The Modehaus had whitewall tires available for the '50 Olds.

I emailed them for more information and got this reply:

"This tire is in development. The decision to make it was mentioned to a friend, who mentioned it to a friend, who put it on the internet as current fact. The part will be listed on our internet site soon. The cost will be $9.00/set of four. Delivery time will be as usual - 4-6 weeks."

I'll probably paint the tires myself, but I might be willing to entertain a set of Modelhaus tires.

Those decals...I dunno, they just don't look like they'll do the job From talking to a couple of people that were tinkering with the kit already, they don't look too convincing, apparently.

Perhaps, if you don't want to pop for a set of tires, the best approach would be to paint on the whitewalls with the decals for a little extra appearance enhancement? I guess the black still comes through a little.

Charlie Larkin

I know The Modelhaus makes top quality stuff, but my question is this- what makes these tires better than what Revell includes as far as style or era-correctness? Do these tires come with the whitewalls already (painted?) on the tires? I see they are specifically designed to fit the (what I refer to as die-cast style) tires in the '50 Olds kit, so maybe that is the first time they've offered such a tire?

Are the Revell tires just too large in diameter?

I know The Modelhaus makes top quality stuff, but my question is this- what makes these tires better than what Revell includes as far as style or era-correctness? Do these tires come with the whitewalls already (painted?) on the tires? I see they are specifically designed to fit the (what I refer to as die-cast style) tires in the '50 Olds kit, so maybe that is the first time they've offered such a tire?

Are the Revell tires just too large in diameter?

They don't have decals for the whitewalls..that alone makes them worth getting IMO, not a fan of decal whitewalls.

Typical Modelhaus White Walls are handled by an insert . Even the Red , Blue , White , and Gold Line Wide Oval Tires . Re ; Muscle Cars , '60's . That is until '69 - '70 when Raised white letters hit the scene . I recommend the Modelhaus for anything / everything . Thanx ..