Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I got this today,

photo_zps72d46863.jpg

cost, free, only condition is when i'm done/tired of it, I pass it on for free again. needs some tlc, but it has 2 shelves and a working light in it, I was glad to get it, now just gotta find a spot for it............

I made out like a bandit this weekend! I went to the swap meet in Wayne, NJ. I found all the following stuff....

IMG_3947-vi.jpg

Lindberg 1/32s... Mercedes, Datsun Z and Olds Omega. All cleanly built (or should I say snapped together) without paint. $15 for the trio. I have been collecting this series so this is a decent score!

IMG_3958-vi.jpg

Premier Kaiser Darren and Porsche. I love obscure old stuff and these are pretty cool. Clean too. I just need to figure out tail lights, rear bumper and windshield for the Darren.

IMG_3959-vi.jpg

Mazda RX7 in an odd scale but neat and clean. For the few dollars I just had to have it.

IMG_3945-vi.jpg

1961 Comet. Nice piece overall. Missing one fender top chrome piece. Once home I went digging in my stash and found I had the same car but with an a pillar missing a piece. So that one is going to my Aussie buddy to cut up to build an Aussie Fairlane Ute.

IMG_3942-vi.jpg

1965 Rambler wagon that needs some love. Easy fix and a great price because of it. Will be done to nice model car standards.

We live in Wisconsin and my step daughter is obsessed with Kelli Pickler. She's been to several of her shows and went to see her in Boston. On the way back, they hit up a museum in Hershey PA and brought back for me two plain brown boxed kits they sell of the Highway Pioneers kits. A 1910 International truck and a Packard. Neat stuff. Plus some regional brand potato chips from different makers in PA. Five different brands...Middleswarth, Dieffenbach's, Herr's and Utz. Also a bag of homemade by the Amish chips. Reviews forthcoming.

A few more things from eBay. A already decaled stocker. A Ford GT, which the directions say is a snap fit. A NIB Godzilla GT-R

DSCN3521-vi.jpg

Several Lexus/Toyota kits. The Fujimi kit unfortunately has stock version in it. A Benz which turned out to be a stock car in Lorinser box icon_evil.gif. Got to pay better attention to pictures in listings; somewhat deceptive. And last but not least a ZO6 Corvette.

DSCN3530-vi.jpg

I

IMG_3958-vi.jpg

Premier Kaiser Darren and Porsche. I love obscure old stuff and these are pretty cool. Clean too. I just need to figure out tail lights, rear bumper and windshield for the Darren.

I have quite a few ref. pictures for the Darren. PM me if you're interested.

A few more things from eBay. A already decaled stocker. A Ford GT, which the directions say is a snap fit. A NIB Godzilla GT-R

Several Lexus/Toyota kits. The Fujimi kit unfortunately has stock version in it. A Benz which turned out to be a stock car in Lorinser box icon_evil.gif. Got to pay better attention to pictures in listings; somewhat deceptive. And last but not least a ZO6 Corvette.

DSCN3530-vi.jpg

The Tamiya LS 400 and Aoshima LS 430...you wish to send them to me *stares hypnotically at the screen* Serious if your interested in getting ridding of them, especially the LS 430 let me know.

The Tamiya LS 400 and Aoshima LS 430...you wish to send them to me *stares hypnotically at the screen* Serious if your interested in getting ridding of them, especially the LS 430 let me know.

Keeping. I see future VIP style builds coming.

Bummer I can find the Vlene VIP version of that LS 430 all over, but the flat stock ones are always showing up when I'm not paying attention to eBay. Maybe Aoshima will eventually do a spot run of it again at some point.

What about the Toyota Celsior version?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/39755-AOSHIMA-Toyota-Celsior-UCF31-Car-Model-Kit-1-24-/310548415001?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item484e20c219

Aoshima only included the LHD/Lexus markings in the kit you have and the VLENE VIP car. The Celsior while the same car, is a RHD Japan Domestic Market car. Granted the Fujimi IS and LS kits are RHD, but I'm trying to have a car dealership worth of Lexus kits and the LS 430 is the only one I miss out whenever the stock version pops up. I'd like to get the Tamiya LS because it has the engine, but they pop up regularly and push comes to shove I have the Aoshima New Trend USA kit - which is what was re-packaged and sold here by AMT/Ertl.

Not trying to sob story you into getting rid of it, but sometimes people buy a "lot" of kits to get something they want, and flip the rest. I was just checking for that in this case. ;)

Edited by niteowl7710

I got this '79 Chevy Monza today. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, but for $5 I'm sure I'll think of something ..

Great score! It is a Promo Model I guess? It looks very good, and it's even the same color as dad's '79 Skyhawk was when we owned it.

P5072633.JPG?img=smaller

I got Missing Link Resins' '73 Chevelle a couple of days ago.

DSCN8478-vi.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...