Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT 1973 Chevy Custom Van - Dirty Donny VANTASY

Whats with the Dirty Donnie Van, May not be appropiate for younger children? I still like both of them I have been wanting the chevy van for a while now.

Apparently, he's a mural painter...looks like a neat issue of the van, has a choice of '70s style mural decals for the sides.

I seriously Doubt AMT will return the Passenger Seats & window side inserts to the Chevy van kit.

They long ago altered the Body tool by making the Cargo panels a part of the body and no longer

separate pieces. They also filled in the rear door windows, which in most states is Illegal!

I Would LOVE for them to replace ALL the old options (Passenger van, Fire/Rescue, Police,

Ambulance, Open Road Mini-Motor Home, etc, But I don't think they will.

Edited by Edsel-Dan

The Chevy van IS the A-team van. Maybe they'll keep the '80's GMC grille and bumpers etc. in as options.

This, if they back dated the body on the kit though the license plate will back in the driver side rear door, the trim will more like that gen's trim (hopefully they left it off all together! I asked at the show yesterday if the 80's-early 90's grill and '78-'95 bumpers were still in the kit, but they guy I asked wasn't sure if they were still going to be in there.

• 1 month later...

Yes , Dodge vans and Econoline vans would be welcome as well !

Of course , all stock parts should be included ( I never realised that the "Matilda" van had factory-stock parts in it ! ).

BTW , I never understood how the custom exhaust *worked* on the old AMT Chevy van kits ! I recognise the side pipes ; however , no headers or downpipes = how the heck is the custom exhaust connected ???

Yes , Dodge vans and Econoline vans would be welcome as well !

Of course , all stock parts should be included ( I never realised that the "Matilda" van had factory-stock parts in it ! ).

AMT is reissuing the Econoline next year also (Vantom).

BTW , I never understood how the custom exhaust *worked* on the old AMT Chevy van kits ! I recognise the side pipes ; however , no headers or downpipes = how the heck is the custom exhaust connected ???

I just assume they weren't connected...just for show like the side pipes on '50s customs often were.