Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Chevy Impala SS Convertible

Ron35369

Here is another of my 2012 builds. An original 64 Impala SS convertible. This one was supposed to have the working head & tail lights but the parts needed were missing from the kit when I bought it on Ebay. I painted this one with 1959 Chevy Crown Sapphire blue with a dark blue interior. I decided to depart from doing my favorite white interior on this build & I think it works pretty good. It's built all stock, straight from the box. Hope you enjoy.

64ImpalassConvfinished.jpg

64ImpalassConvfinished7.jpg

64ImpalassConvfinished2.jpg

64ImpalassConvfinished3.jpg

64ImpalassConvfinished4.jpg

64ImpalassConvfinished5.jpg

64ImpalassConvfinished6.jpg

64ImpalassConvfinished1.jpg

Thanks for the great responses guys! Joe...this is an original annual convertible from 1964. George...I had an Aunt that used to have a beautiful Goldwood yellow with black interior hardtop. Hers had the 327 with powerglide, AM-FM radio, power steering & brakes & tilt steering wheel. That was the first tilt column I had ever seen. I will be doing a replica build of her car in the near future. I already have the Goldwood yellow paint in my stock.