Model Cars Magazine Forum

Futurattraction Scale Products - New aftermarket website

Hi, Scott.

I've been sifting through some brochures, and I can't find any evidence of quad-headlight Fairmont wagons (unless perhaps 1981-82?), but from what I remember, all the Zephyrs had quads.

As a thought, talk with your contacts at Ford. They would be able to tell you definitely, and where one of the their goals through all the licensing and such is to protect the integrity of their image and the integrity of their products, I think it would not take much persuading to help you.

Charlie Larkin

Thanks Scott. Although most of my parts, at least at this point, are aimed toward drag/pro stock type builds, there are some universal application parts, such as the Dzus and brackets sets that might come in handy.

Hi Steve - I've always loved Fairmonts, especially the sport coupes. When Ford came out with new body releases back in the day, it almost always took me a while to warm up to them, but the sport coupes I fell in love with the first time I saw one on the showroom floor. Lots of people don't like their boxiness, but I think that's what really gets to me, along with the wide B-pillar and opera window - plus Glidden was so successful with them. A 2-door sedan may be in the future, and I suppose a wagon could follow that. We'll see...

Charlie - Your suggestion to enlist Ford's help makes tons of sense. And as you, I believe all the Zephyr variants had quad headlights. Speaking of which, I still have to get Z-7 taillights made!

I like that Fairmont too, though I drove one for a while and with its inline 6

it could not get out of its own way!!!

Ever since that car, my mom Hates Red with a Passion.

The Fairmont was red with 2 part white vinyl top.

Dad bought it, mom did not like it. I told her to pick one she did, but said it was already bought.

She hadn't signed anything yet, so could have changed the car!!!

It replaced a 70 Impala!!

Hope to be able to afford a stock kit when available.

Might wait if a Wagon does come out. Love those Long Roof's!

Why can't US car makers give us those now when Many European & Japanese brands still do??

Let me see now . US car sales in the ........ Imports .... "Why can't US car makers give us those now when Many European & Japanese brands still do?? Why can't US car makers give us those now when Many European & Japanese brands still do??" Sorry I stuttered . Keep supporting their stuff and don't question why our children work for less money . No none for me thanks !

Thanks for your compliments and family Fairmont history, Dan G. I'm going to post a couple updated pics of the stock body on my website in the next day or two. It's significant, though not huge progress...

I'm afraid not, Dan J. The only thing I've ever had was a Pro Stick, though they are virtually identical - even the consoles look almost alike.

Link to pic of Hurst: http://www.streetperformance.com/part/hurst-shifters/shifter/581515-3160020.html

Link to pic of B&M: https://deezperformance.com/shifters-shift-knobs-accessories/b-m-pro-stick-shifter.html

• 2 months later...

Guys... If you have not bought from Scott at Future Attractions then you truely are missing out...

I have purchased the Ford Fairmont Prostock Body and it is Excellent and Highly Recommended... But Even Better... I just got the Lenco 4-speed Planetary with Levers... Had a friend assemble it due to my poor Eyesight and this set up is AWESOME!!!!...

I also got the B&M Shifter and it really does look real just like the Lenco...

I got the 351 Ford Engine, Ford 9" rear differential and have looked them over and it is very detailed... I highly recomend it as well...

You will not deal with any better person than Scott... he has great products... fast shipping... Excellent comunication and just a overall great guy...

Here are a couple of pictures of the transmission with the levers and the B&M stifter... Sorry for the poor pic quality but it is the best my cell phone will do...

post-648-0-68726900-1365208008_thumb.jpg

post-648-0-67251000-1365208016_thumb.jpg

John - my plan all along has been that my stock body Fairmont would use the AMT/Ertle Fox Mustang as the donor but with Revell's announcement about their coupe and the greater detail that Revell's offerings typically have, I might have to rethink that. The coupe might make a better floorpan donor since the coupes actually have a trunk, of sorts, unlike the hatchback cars.

From my observation (I owned a 78 Zephyr 2-door sedan for several years, as well as two hatchback Fox Mustangs) the trunk stamping is basically the same for all these Fox variations. They all have the round spare tire well offset to one side with the fuel tank hanging below. Rear shock mounts intrude into the luggage compartment a bit but they are covered by plastic trim in wagon and hatch versions. I can't remember what level of detail exists in either the MPC or Revell/Monogram hatchback Mustang kits, so can't comment there. The 87 Turbo Coupe kit might be another chassis source for the Fairmont.

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but Futurattraction (Scott) also has a line of 1/16 scale PE parts. Many are not made anywhere else. He has a new shipment coming in with more in the works.

Thanks for supporting the hobby, Scott.

Edited by TedsModeling

Thanks for the kind words, Joseph, Alan and Ted. They're much appreciated...

Scott - I'd really like to see one of the new Revell Mustang coupes. Even if the Revells and AMT/Ertl kits are replicating the same 1:1, Revell has really been stepping up the quality of many of their new products, so I'm hoping the detail might be better with this new kit coming out. I can't wait to see one!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...