Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another Blue Cobra

bigbluesd

This is definitely one of the better models I've done so far, box stock except that I replaced the solid kit exhaust tips with some I made from aluminum tubing and turned the front wheels a tad (I always do if possible, a cabinet full of straight wheels drives me crazy!). Paint is Duplicolor (both color and clear) polished up to 12,000 grit and then hit with some scratch remover and Meguair's gold paste wax. Was not a perfect match to the original car, I knew it when I bought it, not sure why I didn't just use Testor's blue, it would have been perfect. Some of the chrome parts have been done in Alclad, some were too small too mess with and the badges were metal foiled. De-chroming this kit was a nightmare, took me weeks. As usual, the decal stripes on the hood went FUBAR on me, contemplated trying to sand out the creases and touch it up with white paint but concluded the end result would probably look worse and it was time to get it off my bench. From now on I'm painting stripes, period.

post-11234-0-80773400-1397101188_thumb.j

post-11234-0-77390900-1397101189_thumb.j

post-11234-0-68089900-1397101190_thumb.j

post-11234-0-43057400-1397101191_thumb.j

post-11234-0-07018100-1397101192_thumb.j

Edited by bigbluesd

Looks great to me,I love cobras.I have bought and traded for four of these kits one to do each of the box art cars,one just stock cobra,and one to do just any way however it decides to end up and what ever color pops into mind.

Looks great to me,I love cobras.I have bought and traded for four of these kits one to do each of the box art cars,one just stock cobra,and one to do just any way however it decides to end up and what ever color pops into mind.

Yes, I am really tempted to do the green one but I may save it for a few years down the road when I am out of stash to build. Those metallic graphics on the side are really sexy.

Sweet build Brandon. Great color and finish. I have had trouble with revell decal stripes. White seems to be the worst and I left them off my Hertz mustang I built...

Thanks, I did that same kit and had massive problems with the stripes. There's a thread here somewhere detailing it. I ended up asking Revell for replacement decals and the second time around I managed to get them down a bit better but still had minor issues.

Overall, nicely done. Captures the 'feel' of the rawness.

Nice job on the sidepipes and good move to build a comp windscreen instead of the clunky full screen all these models have.

Work on lowering the ride height on your next one. ;)