Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corvette Grand Sport March Madness

"The molds....who knows" so then . . . when they're gone, there gone ? If'n you want more than one you better jump now ?

The two AM versions are available on eBay regularly from $15.00-$30.00, so I don't see any reason to rush out and pick one of the Revell re-boxed kits up ASAP. These didn't sell that well for AM, and I doubt we will be seeing them selling $50+ per kit in the near future, as there's just not that much demand for them.

those smooth sidewall tires will just take some tire logo decals even easier. i know some hate tire decals but....................................

they look a ton better than some poorly brush painted white letter tires.

I agree. IIRC my version of the early AM release has tired that would be next to impossible to paint and have them look half decent.

I wonder if we'll see the McLaren next ?
N

NO! :lol: There were no McLarens in the AM warehouse. When the first AM went under I dumpster dived 6 kits w/o boxes or decals....but for the price who could pass??

The new AM never even looked at the kit as there was some issue around licensing or the tool....never got a straight story.

I had started working with mine, the AM kit and purchased Harold's great resin stuff for it. I even went as far as working and filling in the chassis, I guess once I complete a few things on my table I will go ahead and finish this puppy..... :rolleyes:

1973PorscheRallyCar9005-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

1973PorscheRallyCar9011-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

1973PorscheRallyCar9014-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

1973PorscheRallyCar9015-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

1973PorscheRallyCar9019-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

1973PorscheRallyCar9020-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

1973PorscheRallyCar9001-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

I went thru my stash last night..and decided that i would go ahead and build the Accurate Miniatures "1963 Corvette Grand Sport" (1965 Sebring 12-Hours) Model kit..

Did my search on here and came across this interesting thread about this subject...However i am just a bit confused...the talk about the ones on E-Bay..of this kit shows it to have a Kit Number of #424880....The Box Art appears to all be the same...But my Kit Number shows #24003..

Question: Why two different Model Kit numbers?

I have had mine for over a year....and Paid $39.99 for it back then at my LHS

And of course now that i want to build it...they are going to be easy to obtain...Go figure..

Thanks and cheers to all... Don... B)

Edited by XJ6

I don't have access to my kits right this minute.....but...if AM address is Concord NC you have a 2nd gen kit for sure.

If you have a Charlotte NC address you may have a 1st or 2nd gen kit. You can't tell much by looking at the box but parts differ 1st to 2nd gen.

I don't have access to my kits right this minute.....but...if AM address is Concord NC you have a 2nd gen kit for sure.

If you have a Charlotte NC address you may have a 1st or 2nd gen kit. You can't tell much by looking at the box but parts differ 1st to 2nd gen.

We were running a thread on the differences a few weeks back......

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55366&st=20

I like many purchased the original AM version when it first came out. Back then I couldn't do decals very well so I tried to paint the white stripes on it and failed. The body has been stripped twice and put back in the box. Yesterday I was at the hobby shop and there was the new Revell version so I went ahead and bought it. Now some day I will break the other one out and try to build both. (famous last words). I still think it is a good kit of a beautiful car.

Are there any aftermarket goodies still available for this kit? Alternate decals?

VRM does two decal sheets for these and each one does 5 cars with some extra decals thrown in to boot. HRM still does the trans kits and replacement parts and MGC still does the photo-etch sheet for it. You should be able to order the VRM and HRM stuff from Strada and the MCG from almost anywhere.

In case your wondering, on the VRM decals, you can read the odometer...

DSC00846.jpg

Here's some of the stuff I got for my build:

DSC00847.jpg

Edited by torinobradley